Feeling so jittery

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’ve been on Sertraline for 4 weeks and I still feel jittery. Like too much caffeine. 

I’m hoping it goes away soon.  I have such high anxiety I’m not sure if anything will help. I’ve tried so many meds that I feel this is my last hope. 

Can anyone help me   

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deborah

I am also on zoloft and on my 4th week. I know how you feel. The morning is the worse with the shakes. Also during the day I feel like an anxiety attack was coming but it just pokes its ugly head and then disappears. I am on 50, and really don't want to increase it, so I'm hoping that it will totally kick in. Are you on it for anxiety? And how much do you take.

• Posted

Hi Deborah, On my Psychiatrists advice I do not drink coffee after 1pm. High caffeine will definitely make you jittery. Good Luck.
  • Posted

P.S. Drink De Caff or tea. See how you go for a few days and if you still feel jittery maybe Benzo's might help until Sertraline kicks in otherwise dosaged might need adjusting. See Doctor.

• Posted

4 weeks is still fairly at the beginning. It could take 6-12 weeks to really feel like your old self. You’re still experiencing the side effects and it has not kicked in yet. It took me almost 4 months to get to where I am now. Don’t give up!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.