Feeling so low

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a total abdo hysterectomy march 27th and everything was removed. I cannot use hrt patches or cream with oestrogen in but the past couple weeks have had the most uncomfortable feeling as if i have a Uti. I bought some replens which I use every 3 days and also omega 7. Has anyone else had similar and how have u coped, I'm at my wits end now I got rid of 1 issue only to now have some thing else.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try coconut oil, its natural and may help.  hoping it is not vaginal atrophy but if it is not many options.  Mona Lisa laser treatment worked for me .... not covered by insurance... but perhaps your issue will work out.
    • Posted

Hi Nancyo

Im so glad that the Mona Lisa Treatments are working for you....it is an encouragement to all of us ladies that have Atrophic Vaginitis.  Hopefully insurance will soon cover it.  Do you take the Vagifem tablets as well....I cannot remember.

thank you for your blogs!

wendy

• Posted

Hi Bellelouise

Are you able to use the low dose Vagifem tablets 10 mg!  I take them 2x weekly and has been a blessing.  I know the discomfort you are feeling.....like you have UTI.  My GYN had me use Estrace cream for only 14 days then I have been using the Vagifem. So good to feel normal again.  This is as Nancyo mentioned if you have Atrophic Vaginitis like we do.  The dryness is what is so uncomfortable....I do not want to take HRT so this is the best help with minimal estrogen just to the area. Google Vagifem tablets as well as Atrophic Vaginitis.  May I ask your age?

We are all here for you.....you are not alone.

Best,

Wendy

• Posted

Hi Wendy thanks for reply.

Im 52 and after googling atrophic vaginitis last night I would say it's definetly that. I'm going back to see a different gp in a week and am going to say i would like to try a very low dose vagifem I will have to take a risk as cant live like this. My daughter gets married in November and I want to feel fab for her and me of course. So glad to speak to someone who knows what your experiencing. I choose to have the hysterectomy and have no regrets but for this. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.