Feeling so miserable... Almost 4 weeks out

Posted , 6 users are following.

I just can't help it but all I do every day is worry and cry. I had a Sff for uterine prolapse the 19th of March, which also lifted my bladder. Up until now each day I have had an urge feeling off and on for a couple of hours and parts of the day on which I need the urinate more often. I also off and on have a burning feeling between my labia.

I am now on vesicare for five days to help with the urinating frequency,but that isn't doing mucb yet.

I am just getting so worried because I had expected to feel much better by now and I wonder whether all of this will get better at all.

What is normal to be feeling? Am I being to impatient? Am I making myself crazy? I mean..... At the moment I feel like I will be stuck with all of this forever. I am just really sad right now.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I’m so sorry you’re feeling so bad following your SSF. Four weeks is still so very early to be gauging the success and improvements following surgery. 

It’s a long recovery and so very hard to be patient, but patience is what you need. 

Almost a year ago I had surgery and do remember four to five weeks being a difficult time. On the outside you look fine but there is still so much healing going on. 

I returned to work st eight weeks and that was a turning point, and being able to drive at six weeks!

Good luck with your recovery, try to talk to your GP or surgeon about how you’re feeling. 

• Posted

And does the recovery period have good and bad days? Some days are much better than others.
  • Posted

Hi Ren123,

I am 22days post A&P with TOT repair - and I also have times that I urinate more frequently...then other times when I feel like I need to go - but then there is only a brief and SLOW trickle.  Also ups/downs with pain/discomfort and BURNING like fire on my external (but inside part) of my labia.  I also have been having periods of SIGNIFICANT pain that runs across my pubic bone area and travels down the inside of my thighs to my knee...so bad that twice this week I had to take a pain pill (in addition to the ibuprofen that I have been on almost non stop) which I had not done since day 2 of being home from the surgery.  Still get tired quickly and in general am recognizing that this is not necessarily a sgy that all of us quickly bounce back from.  I am sharing all of this in hopes that you know you are not alone with these struggles. 

I think much of the up/down likely has to do with activity and swelling.  I feel like at 3+ weeks I should be doing more...especially since the MD thought I would be ready to go back to my FT 50+hr/wk job at 4 wks.  I don’t feel anywhere close to ready and haven’t even left my home at all in the 22 days since the surgery.  I don’t even want to go anywhere b/c I am concerned about feeling miserable in the car and believe there would be quite a price to pay for the jaunt.  I wish you all the best and hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

Same thing here.... Not daring to leave the house much because of how I feel.
  • Posted

It takes a while!! Im on 10 weeks and still have a full feeling!! I had bladder, bowel, and vagina lift!!; so just be patient
    • Posted

Here they say that you can get back to work at six weeks. We'll, don't see myself working again in two weeks time.

• Posted

I would be back to see my consultant hun.no one on here will be able to tell you one way or other only speaking stories. Please book appointment asap for piece of mind x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.