Feeling so so so depressed

Posted , 3 users are following.

Quick recap, been on 20mg mostly for 4 years (sometimes had to go up to 30mg).

Recently been increased to 40mg. Been on them for a little over a week. (5 weeks on 30mg first).

Don’t really notice any side effects. My anxiety appears to be well managed, although I still have to take something most nights to help with sleep.

But my mood is beyond low. Don’t recall ever being this depressed. I’m not even sure if the citalopram is doing this to me at this point. I was put on them for anxiety originally, not depression.

Little things have improved, but my mood hasn’t in the slightest and it’s getting unbearable. I literally don’t look forward to anything or enjoy anything. I just waste my day looking up stuff about anxiety/depression. It’s the only thing that keeps me distracted without having to force myself to be distracted (if that makes sense).

I just don’t get why I feel so bad when my anxiety feels like it’s getting better.

Is it possible the higher dose is making me depressed?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

its side effects and should settle down with time. I feel for you. Its just horrible. Have you tried meditation and light exercise, cutting out alcohol and healthy eating?? counselling??

• Posted

Meditation was making me a bit more irritated, so I took a break from it for a bit. I’ve been exercising regularly for years. A few hours every week. Been forcing myself to keep active the last week to see if it will help, but nothing. Don’t have much of a appetite so I don’t eat much anyways, but when I do it’s always something healthy.

Haven’t seen anyone for my mental health issues. The waiting list is over a year where I live so I won’t be able to count on that for awhile.

• Posted

That is a long wait. Food is vital for serotonin production so get eating. It will get better. Just hang in there

• Posted

im going through withdrawal which is similar to start up unfortunately i suffer badly but things that help me are

dark chocolate

no caffeine

walk 3 times a day

music

keeping busy

epsom salts

turkey

i know what you mean about meditation i stopped it also!

• Posted

My appetite has been slightly better, at least I don’t feel like throwing up with every bite. But I don’t enjoy any food. I’m sticking to a good diet tho.

And thanks! I’m really trying! Just not use to being so depressed over nothing.

• Posted

I’ve tried basically everything. Trying to get through it day by day now.

Just wish I could notice a slight improvement with mood to give me some hope.

• Posted

I’m just not use to being this depressed.

Almost feel like stopping the high dose today, but I’m going to try and stay on it at least till

I can get another doctors appointment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.