Feeling spaced out

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have anxiety I'm only 18 years old. I feel a bit drousy and dizzy tonight and a bit disconnected from the world ? Especially if I go out in the day or night I feel quite anxious and spaced out.. I don't no if it's because I've just stopped tablets so my body is getting used to them without them I was only on them for a month. Just want to be able to feel calm

And happy in my own skin and not feel stuck in my comfort zone all the time and I want to be able to love my own company again sad can anyone give me some advice or re-assurance ?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Katie lovey.....things will get and do get better....never lose hope, you have a wonderful future ahead of you truly..... big.. big hugs lovely lady. ....xxxx
    • Posted

Thanks so much! My family don't understand neither does my boyfriend really. Think I'm

Gonna go crazy sometimes sad. I kno I'll be okay just want to be able to do what every other teenager does, go out with there friends and make memories xx

• Posted

I'm feeling the same tonight, you're not alone

Which tablets were you taking? Was there a reason for stopping them so soon?

I've just started on citalopram, feeling terrible too at the moment sad could you go back to your doctors and maybe explain how you feel?

Maybe try asking your parents or boyfriend to go with you so they can understand more. My boyfriend gets frustrated too so I know how hard that is. It makes us feel guilty for feeling like this!

• Posted

i was on sertraline 50mg for a month but I ran out and then didn't go back to the doctors I didn't feel that bad after so I didn't bother I wanted to try a more natural approach

I'll try get a same day appointment for tomorrow and talk to them. My boyfriend smokes a lot of cannabis probably the reason he doesn't understand my feelings and makes me feel guilty for feeling anxious and

• Posted

* I can't deal with it really. Some days are good some aren't xx
    • Posted

It might be because you suddenly stopped taking the medication lovely. Doctors tend to lower the dosage slowly until you can come off them. Definitely see a doctor tomorrow and explain the situation to them. Stay on here for support if you aren't getting much from people around you. We are all in the same boat & can support each other smile keep us updated smile xxxx
  • Posted

Hi Katie lovey,,,

Please return to your GP and get some more sertraline. ...they literally saved my life.....you can get through this...I send you huge,,, huge ,,,huge hugs lovey ....truly ...and sincerely, ,,,dee xxxxx

• Posted

Okay I will do tomorrow. Your so sweet, thank you. How long did it take to work for you?? xxxx
    • Posted

Please go to the DR tomorrow Katie. You have tobe on Sertraline for at least 6 monthsbeforeyou start cutting them down. You will be okay sweetie. You are young and have your whole life ahead of you, talk to your parents and take them with you. xxxx
  • Posted

Please don't try to be your own doctor by deciding that you are going to stop your medications.  You will become more anxious then you were before you started you medication, because of withdrawal of medications.  Medications like SSRI's were meant to tapered down by your doctor.  Hope you learn from your mistakes.
  • Posted

I'm pretty sure it's derealization im going through it too it's horrible

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.