Feeling strange-but can't put my finger on what's wrong

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys!

I've tried to remain relatively calm over the last couple of days, I've been practicing mindfulness and it does help but today I feel a bit strange.

It's like a lightheaded feeling but it comes in waves, I feel like a have trouble focusing also, now it seems to happen when I don't feel anxious then it makes me start to have a minor panic attack, as I first time sufferer of anxiety really would appreciate peoples experiences 😀 

Can this be anxiety?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

bambi. sorry to hear that. perhaps it is anxiety. when people are anxious stressed or tired we tend to have shallow breathing maybe that's why you fewl that why. I have tried panic attacks too. it was so scary and ubtil now still practicing how to control. just do the deep breathing technique and keep telling your mind that you will not die and everythings gonna be fine. anyway if you go to Er they will not find anything. hope it will work for you smile
    • Posted

Thank you so much for the reply, I really appreciate it! 😀

It's such an awful way to feel, I've got to keep reminding myself it is anxiety, it's so powerful.

Have you suffered for a while? Or is it new to you also?

• Posted

well O cannot say but since last year Ive been feeling anxious about my anxious. it is driving me nuts. so now I keep talking to myself. I m done with it. i may have another attack but its very easy to manage. smile
    • Posted

before i took propanolol because my heart beats fast and sometimes irregular. then i also took xanax twice. i dont want to be drug dependent since its all in my mind i decided to just find a way to fight it.
    • Posted

I think that's a really good attitude to have!

Good luck with it,  sounds like you have it under control 😀

• Posted

thanks bambi. thats what we need here positive attitude. positivity can calm your mind. just keep saying that. i will not die. this is just in my mind. its okay to be afraid. later on it will subside. smile
  • Posted

Hi Bambi. Even when we don't feel anxious, we still have stress hormones floating around in our bodies. Maybe from an anxious thought that you let pass by earlier in the day. Sometimes these smaller thoughts build up and then we think the attack is out of the blue. Anxiety sufferers are always hyper alert, even though we don't realize it because we are busy. It sounds like your light headedness may be from overbreathing. When we are stressed, we don't breathe correctly. It causes all kinds of weird symptoms. Look up chronic hyperventilation syndrome. What helped me the most is changing my breathing habits. Make sure your chest and shoulders don't raise when you breathe. It's easier to learn when you are lying down. Place a book on your stomach and as you breathe, the book should move. Not your chest. Pick a number to count back from, and concentrate on each number. Try to not let other thoughts intrude. Know that this will work every time and that you will always have this solution with you wherever you go. If you can't lie down, find a quiet place and sit.  In your mind, see your book rising with each breath. Each time you have an attack, tell yourself you made it through every time. It will not get any worse than you already went through. You think it will, but it doesn't. It takes a strong person to deal with these attacks, so remember that you are stronger than you think. Think of these attacks as adrenaline pumping through your body at inappropriate times. When you know this is "all" it really is, you wIll realize you don't have a disease. Look up the link between chronic hyperventilation and excess adrenaline. Hope this helps in some way. Hope you feel better soon. 
    • Posted

Thank you so much for the in depth reply, have had a look into it and certainly explains a lot! 

So kind of you to take the time to reply, thank you 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.