Feeling Stressed Lately, Racing Heart That Won't Slow

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello people

This is my first time posting on this site and honestly, I believe the first time I've ever shared anything to do with (what I believe to be) my anxiety online.

I have a history of anxiety attacks, with my last full-blown one being about 3 years ago. Lately, I've been feeling stressed, and I'm linking this to my feelings of anxiety and on-set anxiety attacks (I haven't had a full-blown one thus far.) Twice now, I've had this issue with a racing heart... so the first time I was simply watching a show and my heart began to speed up as I was getting into a scary/emotional part of the show. As soon as I noticed it, it got faster, and it wouldn't stop. I ended up to another room because I begin to feel a little claustrophobic. It took about 10 minutes to go back to normal, as I expericned light-headedness and tingling in my fingers. Today, the same thing happened while at the gym.

Is this my anxiety? I never got this specific problem/symptom years ago when I suffered with anxiety attacks regularly.

Any responses appreciated.

Thank you 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello. It sounds like anxiety to me. I have to be very careful with what I watch on TV, as there are still a few things that make me panic. It is almost like a shock feeling. I am so sorry it is creeping up on you again. Stress, that sometimes you do not even realize, will do that. Maybe getting checked out by doctor will ease your mind some?
  • Posted

Hi,you had a panic attack.I  suffered panick attacks  many times with the same simptoms
    • Posted

Hey Cristina

So, literally just the heart racing and maybe the sensation of dizziness and hard to catch your breath? It seems to start as a very fast heart.

• Posted

When I had first time a panick attack my heart rate was around 150bpm i had ad pain in my chest I couldn't breath I was so scared  I was all shaking i ended up i the emergency.So looks like you had a mild one.Don't be scared,I have anxiety and is worse .The panick attacks comes and go but anxiety comes and stays
    • Posted

It actually happened twice today... And only because I thought about it... I noticed closing my eyes and forcing deep breaths really helped and it went as fast as it came. It's just mental that our brains can do this.

Sorry to hear your story sounds like it's was really brutal on you. How do you handle them now?

• Posted

Sometimes panick attacks comes from nowhere,I am used with them now.Now I am sick because anxiety.I start a treatment hope it works
  • Posted

Hi Heisenb3rg

Sounds like you had a panic attack.  I've been having them for over 20 years now on and off and it never fails to amaze me as to how terrifying they can be and the symptoms they can bring on.  The fast heart rate, dizziness and tingling are all symptoms I experience when having one.  Especially if you are stressed these symptoms can come and go or last all day.  I really recommend you try your hardest to de stress before it gets out of control.  I have been guilty of ignoring my stress levels on occasion and drinking a few wines of an evening to help me relax and it only makes it much worse.  Plenty of sleep, carry on excercising as it's good for the stress levels.

• Posted

probably another anxiety attack, I've noticed they (seemingly) are always different, not in symptoms but in thoughts and feelings... theres like 40+  different weird thoughts and feelings that your mind settles into and when you have a panic attack each time it feels just as real and unshakable as the one before, its like it takes on different ways of attacking and tricks you into thinking its something real or dangerous but really its just a panic attack behind a different mask
  • Posted

Thank you everybody for your answers.

I feel more confident now that it's an anxiety issue, which is actually a good thing as I was worried that it may be a physiological issue. I'll still get checked out, but it fits more with anxiety.

Thanks again guys and girls!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.