Feeling super anxious and like something has been missed

Posted , 8 users are following.

long story short, ive been suffering with health anxiety and stress for over the past 2+ years. ive been having digestive issues and discomfort for this amount of time and this is where it has stemmed from. Ive had ribcage discomfort, bloating, no appetite, pulling sensation in lower abdomen that feels like its going to tear when i sneeze, backache, mucus in stool, breathing issues, chest tightness, headaches. ive had a million tests done. blood work, CRP blood work, pelvic and abdominal ct scan, abdominal ultrasound, stool sample, mammogram, hip and pelvic x ray, ECG, Holter monitor fitted for 24 hours. Im booked in for another ultrasound to check my abdomen wall next month to see if they can figure out this pulling sensation, my gyno thinks maybe endo or scar tissue from a c section almost 6 years ago. i just dont know what to do anymore. Then last night to make things worse i had a dream i had cancer and now im pannicking that maybe its a sign to keep fighting for answers incase they missed something. or is that just my health anxiety making me think that way. Is there anyone who suffers like this at all? please help

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi kileen, oh gosh and i thought i had problems. has anyone mentioned coeliac disease to you or cutting out lactose to see if this will help at all? i don't normally say to cut out foods but these 2 specifically seem to cause most problems. i just hope someone listens to you and helps you but it's common for doctors to leave you to it. ask the experts on here, they'll help you out.

• Posted

the experts?

yeah its frustrating for sure, all my tests come back clear which is good but at the same time frustrating because then the doctors just make you feel like its in your head

• Posted

hi kileen, i could be just ibs seriously! if it is lots of people on here will help you. have you seen a dietitian? have you tried cutting anything out of your diet to see if it makes any difference? i wish you luck, you could try alcohol it wouldn't help but would make you feel tipsy/drunk! (last comment only a joke, trying to cheer you up)

• Edited

Hi Kileen

I had to check to see if I had written this post. I have had all the same symptoms, is the pulli g feeling around the right ovary area?

• Edited

mine is actually left hand side abdomen, its about 2" accross from my belly button and 2" down. have you had any tests etc done?

• Posted

In my case it was the ileocecal valve, an osteopath completely sorted the problem for me in one session.

But the ileocecal valve is on the right side, that why I was asking you.

• Edited

Hi,

Do you consider yourself cured now? I'm still suffering from the issues but have found excercise has abated the acuteness of the symptoms. I'm still going through daily dizziness and throat tightness during toileting.

How did you find out about osteopathy as a potential fix and what exactly did they perform on you? Reading around the subject some regard it as a pseudoscience, and so it seems likely I will have to pay for the service privately if I wanted to pursue it.

• Posted

I worked as a secretary for an osteopath and I can assure you it is not a pseudosciense. In fact my boss had a degree as a physio and then a master's degree in osteopathy.

In my case he completely cured the pain I had in the area of my ileocecal valve and over the years he solved many of my issues and many patients who came found a solution to their problems, others, of course, did not, it isn't magic. But their knowledge of the body as whole, how it is all connected is astounding. They treat the body as a whole, which of course, it is.

• Posted

Kileen, I know you responded to my post, but having read yours i now see how similar we are, we are in exactly the same situ. I will private message you.

Sara x

• Posted

Hey Kileen, sorry you are going through such a hard time right now. I just want you to know you are not alone, you describe a lot of what I've been experiencing. I have discomfort in left and right ribcages, jumps all over. Sometimes feels like trapped wind other times feel like I straight up injured myself... I have loads of gas always moving about in me and have been belching like crazy and pretty constipated. I too have had abd/pel CT scan, adb ultrasound, bloods, X-ray, etc. Nothing comes back. You prob just had that dream because you've naturally been very worried/frustrated with what you have been experiencing. Totally understandable. Hang in there and keep us posted on how things go... sending you positivity!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.