Feeling that 'pressure' feeling 😳

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys, 

Ok, so I'm now 7.5 weeks post rectocele and perineum repair. Still getting that horrible ejected tampon feeling.... seems to be getting worse! 🙁

Doing PF exercises and taking ibuprofen still.... is it still normal for this many weeks? Xx

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had an anterior and posterior repair, plus a vaginal hysterectomy and sacrospinous fixation in May, so nearly nine months ago. I've been assured I no longer have the prolapses but still feel the pressure you describe. 

I saw a physiotherapist a few weeks ago and was told it is the urethra. Her advice is to do pelvic floor exercises lying down, with knees bent, otherwise the bulge is simply being squeezed! 

Early days but am hoping it will improve things; I also still have slight leaking. ??

• Posted

Thanks Sheila, 

I was thinking maybe I had 2 prolapses, now the posterior has been repaired, the anterior is more evident?! 

How many times a day do you do your PF exercises? 

I wish I could speak with the surgeon who carried out the op, but I never get close.... so frustrating. 

• Posted

From my understanding, no, I think it's hopefully something that can be improved with exercises. 

My consultant assured me I no longer had any prolapses, maybe just wrecked parts! Ageing, post menopausal and the resulting atrophy. 

Oh the joys! 😳

• Posted

I was advised three times a day, I'm really good first thing in the morning and last thing at night, not so good at remembering the third set!

I think little and often is as good (lying down now and squeezing as I type!!). 

• Posted

Hi Miss Leanne. 

I'm a member of another group (APOPS FB group - 78k members worldwide!) and from there it seems as the swelling can go on for a couple of months so this may be within bounds of what's 'normal' but as you say , it could be a different sort of prolapse and you need to get some advice. You could ask your GP to be referred to a Womans Health Physio who should be able to help you. I had some questions for my surgeon so emailed his secretary. He wrote back answering some but not all of my questions - you could try that. I'm in UK and our poor old NHS struggles to do anything more than the surgery so you don't really have anyone to speak to / support you after the op. I felt like a fledgling chucked out of the nest and abandoned by it's parents! Hope you get some answers X

• Posted

I too am in the UK and have had seen my consultant/surgeon three times now, another appointment in March, plus the physio. All on the NHS, I'm obviously very lucky. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.