Feeling that something has dropped

Posted , 5 users are following.

just sitting this afternoon, felt that something had dropped. Feels like cystitis but no pain, just a feeling I need to pee and a heavy feeling. Hoping Matron can reassure me. I am very careful with hygiene when going to the loo, sex life is negligible so definitely not that, maybe caught a chill during this cold weather, just need some reassurance before I make a doctors appointment.

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

• Posted

I had the exact Same thing last week and turned out to be "nothing " of course if you are concerned make an appointment... I did lol

• Posted

Hello frances. It's a while since your surgery from what I remember. I know exactly the feeling you describe because it's something I get when I've got the beginning of a urine infection. It's sounds like a UTI so you need to drink lots of water (which you know anyway) and see your GP or better still put a urine sample in tomorrow, just in case. It doesn't batter how careful we are about our personal hygiene some of us are just prone to infections and they are quite common following any pelvic floor surgery even months down the line. You are right about the cold weather, it affects me in different ways.

• Posted

Hi. I have had the same thing for the past 3 weeks. Went to gp who said I had symptoms of uti so prescribed nitrofurantoin for 7 days unfortunately they did not work so sent a urine sample to be tested. Went back to gp today and definitely have uti so she has now given me trimethoprim a 2 week course. Hopefully this will do the trick. So you should definitely see gp if you have symptoms. My symptoms are constant urge to pee but no pain when peeing and a burning pain in pelvis. Hope you get sorted out.
  • Posted

OK, been to see gp, who has reassured me that bladder hasn't dropped. Seems like I have cystitis. Taken a sample to the lab and should get results tomorrow or Monday. Also have prescription for something to ease situation if I need it over the weekend. Will re-post Monday when I have the results. Just really disappointed  to have an infection when I have done nothing to aggravate it. life is a bitch!

• Posted

Preventing a UTI is impossible. It doesn't matter what you do and don't do it's just one of those things. I occasionally get them despite knowing what I should do to prevent them, it's just something women have to put up with due to our anatomy.

• Posted

Just a quick question I am 8 weeks post posterior repair. I am on my second lot of antibiotics for uti, trimethoprim a 14 day course. How long before they start to kick in. I am on my 3rd day no relief yet. As I have had it for 3 weeks I am getting quite anxious it is horrible to live with.
    • Posted

I would think you should feel relief within a few days....
    • Posted

Hope so. I am on day 3. I was on nitrofurantoin for a week and they didn't work. I am very fed up of it. It is bad enough recovering from surgery and now this on top. I just want my life back.

• Posted

Was your urine sent for a culture? To make sure you have the correct antibiotic?
    • Posted

Yes gp gave me a copy. It says sensitive to both nitrofurantoin and trimethoprim. The infection is e coli. I am anxious because the nitrofurantoin did not work that the new one won't either. The constant urge to pee is horrible I don't feel like I can leave the house. I am very tearful and just feel so unhappy.

• Posted

By day 3 you should be feeling much better and your symptoms almost subsided. Did your doctor prescribe them after he had seen the results of a urine specimen?
    • Posted

Sorry just seen your reply to steph. 
    • Posted

Yes I saw her on Thurs to get the result. I am on 3rd day today and no relief whatsoever. I am at my wits end with it. She gave me a 14 day course.
    • Posted

When I went with bladder pain my doctor told me to get over the counter pyridium maybe try that? It should help with the pain at least
    • Posted

Is it possible that it is something to do with the surgery, the urge to pee is much worse after I have had a bm
    • Posted

I think you are going to need 14 days. When I gave you my answer before I was thinking you were given a 5 or 7 day course but now you tell me it's a longer course I would say give it 7 days until you see some improvement. Urine infections are just awful and wear you down. I get them occasionally so I know how you feel. I also need a longer course of antibiotics as well, like you usually 10-14 days. My GP at one time started to prescribe me 2 lots so I had some at home to take when the next infection surfaced!

• Posted

Hard to say could be but only your Dr could tell you that.
    • Posted

Thank you. I am just worn out with it all. The only saving grace is it does not burn when I pee so that is something. I have just had a good cry. I do suffer with anxiety which does not help. My results say the infection is sensitive to trimethoprim so it should work eventually shouldn't it?

• Posted

It will work Sarah. It's understandable you will feel weepy. Your body is going through so much at the moment and an infection just take things out if you. You have a sensible GP who has diagnosed an infection that's taken hold and needs treating aggressively with antibiotics. Trimethoprim is an excellent antibiotic which will work and by taking it for 14 days your GP is making sure it's well and truly zapped!

• Posted

Thank you for you reply. I am not normally a weepy person but the last couple of months have been tough. I need to relax and just be patient, it is hard because I just want to feel better. Thank you for your support it really helps.
    • Posted

Sarah I think this surgery is the most difficult to recover from and I know other nurses agree with me. I was always very honest with ladies who were undergoing surgery because expectations are high. I became very impatient just like you and would cry at the drop of a hat but honestly it will be worth it. Just keep in touch and don't feel guilty asking questions, that's what this forum is for x

• Posted

Had urine analysis results, seems like an ecoli cystitis, took monoril antibiotic on Saturday,feeling much better, nothing else to take so hope all will be well. Hoping  the constipation will ease and I can get back to normal!
    • Posted

Hi. I am on day 7 of the antibiotics and I think there is a small improvement. What are your thoughts about D mannose I have bought some but can I use with the antibiotic?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.