Feeling the urge to urinate at the tip of the penis 24/7 for 2/3 years what should I do

Posted , 8 users are following.

since 2016 ive been feeling the urge to urinate at the tip of the penis does not matter how many times i go to the toilet i feel the urge again within 5/10 minutes if i hold back going to the toilet i gradually feel the urge in my bladder an lots of urine comes out but if i go straight away only a little comes out i cant sleep properly cant remember the last time i had a good night sleep i always wake up within an hour or so to go to the toilet and when i do little urine comes out.

ive had the following tests

uroflowmettry results normal

ultrasonograpy results normal

urine culture results normal

the medications ive been prescribed for a month before i go back are

mirabegron

uromax tamsulosnin hydrochloride

visonium

lindac

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

hi I am having the seem problem its effecting my sleep have you been reffered to a urologist or have you tried solifencion. but it's a night mare its effects your life

• Posted

ive had the tests ive stated above an one of the mediacations ive listed is solifencion is it the one where it relaxes the bladder muscles ? i was told to take the medication for a month an then go back of the same problem still occurs

• Edited

hi i have very similar problems although my issue is i cant get to sleep because of that urge, ive had it for about 2 years and have been given prescription after prescription all to treat my bladder and bladder muscles but i believe especially with that sensation that the issue lies within the urethra, i have yet to be treated for it though i have an appointment next week but im going to ask for a catheter to be put in stopping urine flowing through the urethra hopefully giving it time to heal, have a look into what catheters can do for you and see if this might be beneficial for yourself

i can let you know what happens after i get mine put in if you'd like me to

• Posted

please let me know how it goes its really messing my life up to be honest

• Edited

sorry for taking so long but thats just the nhs for you lol

was told by my urologist that a catheter would most likely make the situation worse as my urethra isnt damaged

but after doing some research what it could be is that the bladder sends the wrong messages to your urethra and thats why you need to wee constantly

testing this is difficult though as you have to get some sort of electrical test which measures the waves/frequencies being sent to your bladder but how likely the nhs will test this for you i dont know, also i have no idea how they'd treat this

but for now for myself my urologist said i might have to have botox on my bladder which is only a temporary solution and isnt that likely to work so i'll just have to see what happens

• Edited

Have you tried pelvic physical therapy? I was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis two years ago and diet and medication helped somewhat but the greatest relief came from pelvic PT. I have scar tissue in my groin area (childhood injury I'd completely forgotten about), muscles in leg tightened, hip was out of joint and it caused a domino effect on my pelvic muscles, especially bladder. My last session was September 2018 but i still do my daily stretches/exercises (most days lol) and still feel great. It's worth looking into, if you're able. Good luck!

• Posted

i havent tried pelvic therapy does it help and i had a lower back injury few years ago its caused me to have degenerative disk disease an disk protrusion has that got any links to my problem you reckon

• Posted

Hi,

How you have been diagnosed with the interstitial cystitis? Is there any test that we can go for in order to diagnose the issue? I am still having the frequent urination issue since years. Please do advise me how the you have taken care of your self from this issue?

• Posted

Hey George,

I am having the same since more than three years. there was no words to explain how it will disrupt your daily life. I got all tests are negative, and no sign of any damage.

I have been taking some over reactive bladder medication and doing PT.

Please let me know if you find any solution for this issue.

• Posted

people if you are prescribed mirabegron do not take it as its given my hypertension 2 within days

• Posted

does masturbation makes the conditions worse?

it does in my case

might try to stop masturbation and keeping an eye on condition

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.