Feeling the weight of the world on my shoulders

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I've been suffering with anxiety and depression for over six years now. I had depression badly than anxiety and now my anxiety gave me depression again. I feel time is moving so slow, the weight of the world is on my shoulders. Nothing I do seems real and I feel so detached. My memory is awful and I'm so tired. I started taking Lexapro for 5 mg only the past three days. I don't know if that is making things worse.I also am in a therapy group I go to five times a week. Yesterday was a better day but today is just awful. I feel so alone and feel there is no way out. I also forget here I am at times and what I'm doing. I don't know if that's because I'm so engaged in my thoughts? Today is the worst my anxiety and depression has ever been and I'm afraid to tell my parents I might be suicidal. The world is a scary place and I only feel good when I'm sleeping. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't want hurt myself and don't have any plans I just feel hopeless and not myself and it's awful. :'(

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

depression and anxierty have different stages and makes you feel different in many ways,i have a fear of death come over me when im bad,do u know what started it? maybe you need to get to the route of the problem,are u taking somthing 4 the anxierty?
    • Posted

Thank you for responding. Im taking Lexapro and it's making things worse

• Posted

maybe its just such early days with the tablets,took me a good few weeks b4 mine started too help also i had to get somthing for the anxierty,wow was i in a bad place,still have bad days and good days but nothing like it was,5mg dosent seem very strong tho to be honest maybe ask about upping them,and asking 4 somthink for during the day
  • Posted

Hi Jannine - sorry to read of your problem. Any anti-deppressant will take time to work - sometimes up to five or six weeks. If there is no improvement in your mood in the next couple of weeks, see your doctor again and explain that you are feeling no change. Meds for conditions of anxiety and deppression affect people in different ways, and it might be that you need an increased dose or another form of medication. Sleep as an escape from the world is a common symptom of depression. Meanwhile, you are doing the right thing by being in a therapy groupo - it's important that you understand you are not alone in this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.