Feeling tired all the time

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

For a long time every morning I struggle to get out of bed. Then 15 min after waking up it is better. When at work after 2 coffees it is fine.

It doesn't matter even if I sleep 12 hours I always feel like this in the morning. Also after work I just want to go home and rest and not like before where I used to go to the gym or play soccer.

I made some blood tests (not a complete check-up) and it accused very low levels of vitamin D. May it be causing it?

The scale says Good: 30,0 - 100,0, Insufficient: 20,0 - 29,0, Deficiency <= 20,0 and I accused 14.

I bought these vitamins attached that contain 500% Recommended Daily Dose, but I feel no different.

Any advise? Should I show my blood tests results to a doctor?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have your ferritin checked. Anything below 50 is iron deficiency. Vitamin D could be a factor. But it could also be both. Keep taking supplements for your vitamin d and keep an eye on your numbers when getting rechecked. Some people will need a prescription (for strong dose) for vitamin d if your number doesn’t come up. Also...check all levels of thyroid. 
    • Posted

Even if you hemoglobin is normal or within range, you could still be iron deficient. The only way you’ll know is checking ferritin. 
    • Posted

I checked iron, hemoglobin and thyroid too. They are all fine.

Maybe I should check vitamins B6 and B12 too?

• Posted

Btw I'm taking 1000IU per day. Should I take 2000IU?

• Posted

My brother has the same problem. Would also like toknow what should he do?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.