Feeling trapped

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone,

The last couple of days I've had this feeling that I am trapped in this world with no way out and it feels so weird and the thought is scary it has been really bad today and it's giving me constant panic attacks, did anyone else have this and if anything helped you get through it id love to hear what you have to say. Thanks 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anna, 

The way you are feeling is extremely common with Anxiety, I had exactly the same and I am sure a good few more on here can relate to you as well so don't worry you are not own your own with how you are feeling. I was at the point where I didn't see a way out what so ever which like you made my anxiety and panic attacks both more frequent and more intense.

Dependant on what you are currently taking it may be that you need to go and see your doctor and tell them how you feeling as it may be that you need your medication looking at to see if that helps. 

I also found CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) helped me massively. If you haven't already then have a google as there is some great information out the for free. I started with learning how to quickly stop a panic attack in the early stages as I knew that being able to do this would instantly help me and it did as I felt like I was in control again which in turn made everything else better. 

Stay strong and remember that this does get better over time. I am back to near normality now and I was in a real bad place!

• Posted

Hi sorry it took a while I have sent it now. Let me know what you think or any questions you've got?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.