Feeling uneasy all the time

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello ladies. I want to know if anyone feels the same as I am at the moment . In January I had a bad dose of flu that kept coming back and I felt very poorly . During this time I also had two heavy periods and since the last one my stomach has been off , lack of appetite and just not right . I went to the doctors last week and had blood tests and they are all good , no problems whatsoever . Still I worry though . Why am I feeling like this and so anxious ? Ive also had another heavy period this week with flooding and that was a week early . I am 51 and the rational side of me along with my husband and daughter , knows that the blood shows up any nasties . If the doctor was concerned in the least they would have called me in . Its just this uneasy stomach and anxiousness are really getting me down . I am really considering going back on my low dose of citalopram as I was so much better on that . I dont know how much more I can cope with this peri and all it symptoms .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi jane

I had my last period ten years ago for a few years previous to this my periods went from every 28 days like clockwork and light flow to hit and miss, longer and heavier, my last period lasted six weeks until I went to the doctor who gave me tablets to stop it, during the six weeks I was virtually housebound with flooding, it turns out my womb was having a massive final clear out!! I didn't realise at the time that my over anxiety was probably down to the menapause along with other things before nobody warned me.

• Posted

I know the flu was bad this year-- good to hear you are better now. I have heavy periods as well and they are not fun to deal with-- I cannot wait till they are over. I'm finding myself more anxious and I wish there was a simple way to deal with it. I had 3 people (all old) over for dinner and I was a mess! I absolutely hated the way I felt worrying about my house or the food I served. Days leading up to it I wore myself out thinking I seriously can't cope being 50 anymore. If I was 80, at least I would have an excuse as to being frazzled. Try going back on the citalopram to see if that helps again!! And if it does, let us know-- I may need some.

• Posted

Hi Jane

Sorry you're not feeling great. I think that uneasy feeling is quite common here. Sometimes it can be anxiety or sometimes digestive rumblings which come with it, but I found either way it made me feel uptight. I'm sure that if your bloods were fine you've got nothing to worry about, but if you're not happy go back and discuss with your doctor. If citalopram helps then it will help how you're feeling a little, but just know that it seems entirely normal for all of us xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.