feeling unreal

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been getting out of body experiences, like I'm not real, or don't feel like myself, it panics me so much and sends me into panic attacks what's happening? I'm so scared, it happenend after I was in a month of bad stress, then it I felt unreal 24/7 I'm so scared that this is a serious mental illness

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi sometimes i feel like that also and i have depression and anxiety what other symptoms are you experienceing? Uselly when you feel this way its because of anxiety
    • Posted

I feel nervous all the time, like I'm on the urge of a panic attack all the time, I also have scary irrsational thoughts sad I just feel really wierd rolleyes I was dignosed with panic disorder, but it just seems like more, I always have what if thoughts, like my mind is always what if this happens what if that happens sad
  • Posted

If you're really concerned go to the doctors about this I seriusly think you would benifit from therapy from the things we've spoken about before, I think it would do you good. and what do you have to loose? nothing. but you have loads to gain.

For the time being, what relaxes you? try these things, deep breaths also. I usually find If im having an out of body experience try these things:

1. name 5 things you can see

2. name 4 things you can touch

3.name 3 things you can hear

4. name 2 things you can smell

5. name 1 thing you can taste.

This is called ''grounding'' and can help people feel closer to there surroundings when you feel like they are loosing control.

PM me if you need anything hun xx

• Posted

I have been to the doctors, I've been in theorpy (cbt ) for about 2 months now, it works but it doesnt get rid of these feelingssad they dignosed me with panic disorder, but I always have thoughts like 'what if they got it wrong and it's something more serious' and thankyou! ☺ same for you! Hope your doing well! Xx
  • Posted

Its just derealization it's harmless the more u stress about it the worse it gets just accept it as anxiety you will be okay I'm going through it too ;(
    • Posted

I've just had it for so long nowsad i find it hard to distract myself from it sad
    • Posted

Me too it's hard as heck I know trust me but tell yourself you got through it yesterday u will get through it today
  • Posted

Yeah im suffering from it also its a very scary feeling i hate how i feel now and im scared as hell to take those medicines it just sucks sometimes my stomach hurts bad to where i throw up it feels like im gonna go crazy
    • Posted

worrying about worrying doesnt do us any justice.. i know its hard but i feel so much better than i did before, ive come to the terms with the fact anxiety is apart of me i can either work with it and be afraid of it. It's not a nice thing to deal with but we've come this far and we can carry on smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.