Feeling Unwell

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone 

I had a TAH in Feb.  Recovery has been very slow and I have experienced all sorts since.  We are now in August and I am feeling totally awful.  I'm so tired and find that I'm sometimes ok for 2 to 3 days then I go back again to feeling exhausted and having no energy to do anything.  Unfortunately I had no choice than to return to work at the 6 week point and although it has been some time since I went back and I'm still part time I'm struggle to complete a full day.

in addition I am on the patches and my hormones are everywhere my moods are sporadic sometimes I want to cry other times I'm so snappy and short with people.

is it just me? Can anyone give me some advice please 

Shelley xxx

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I've had mine a week ago and feel wish washy and exhausted.

I was hoping I would feel much better soon as my husband is pushing me to return to work before the 6 weeks is up he keeps saying I have to go back after 4 because I only work 3 days.

• Posted

plesse be careful Jo I defiantly think I went back too early xxx
  • Posted

Hi Shelley

I'm only 4 weeks total TAH & BSO so as you unsure if it is normal so long after your op if normal. My gynie gave me 2 months sicknote but again unsure how I will feel in 3 weeks time as I'm still swollen and sore, I am on HRT tablets and still getting flushes and crying a lot I'm not sure wen they kick in as only been 4 weeks x how's your employer helping you do you think you went back too soon? X Nic

• Posted

Hi Nicola 

i rememeber being at your point and wondering what the heck had hit me.  I do think I went back to early to work and even though on a phased return it has still been hard the only reason that I am part time is due to the fact that I am taking annual leave 2 days a week my employers are not sypportive whatsoever xxxx

• Posted

I understand why you went bk to work mine are not either, my manager who is a woman actually googled how long I should be off? She said it's now the norm nowadays and loads of woman have a hysterectomy how rude, I have told her not to contact me and I will be back when I'm ready I will probably go in half pay but I am not going to let her bully me again as I had surgery in December for Carpel tunnel on my hand I work in a call centre so type all day I went bk to early and suffered x I hope you find out why you are feeling as you are please let me know how you get on xxx
    • Posted

Thank you Nicola.  It's horrendous the way people see things my manager told me that my op was just like having a Caesarian and women who have a c section have to get on moth it 😡😳 .... Don't let her bully you xxxxx
    • Posted

Hiya Shelley

Believe me I had to have 2 C Sections due to complicated births and this is far worse than those put together x I have learned my lesson I will go back when I am ready not when she thinks I'm sure she thinks she is a Dr she googled everyone's sickness quite sad really haha keep in touch take care xx

• Posted

You possibly went back to work too soon it's the internal healing that takes a long time you may be in menopause as I have the same emotional problems but as my gran said it won't kill you and it's just being a woman so the night sweats are horrendous and I wake every morning at 3am then I have a full days work but I can cope with that it's much better than fibroid size of a melon
    • Posted

LOL @ your Gran's remark....because yeah, back then, the women just had to grin and bear the Menopause!

Like you, I am woken several times a night with night sweats....but am counting my blessings, really, when I read how much others on here are suffering with the Meno.

• Posted

Hi, Shelley, 

I understand how you feel. I had TAH and BSO February. Seems ages ago now. I struggled at first and also when first went back to work. I had just over 3 months off as I work on a busy hospital ward so manual job and on feet all day. Also have long drive to work. I had lots of issues with being told different things regarding recovery times ranging from 6 weeks to 6 months to 2 years for full recovery! I still feel I went back too early as I found it really tiring. I also have 2 young children to look after so not just at work and then home and crash out! I suppose over last month I have felt a lot better physically, as in no more internal pains or stomach muscle pains , back pains etc. however I too find if I have a few busy days, then I feel really exhausted. I also have other health issues and found I was vit d deficient although my iron levels have now improved a lot . I have also had my thyroxine doses changed 2 times in last 6 months. So could be to do with other things too, but I think it does take a long time to really feel recovered. I don't have any answers I'm afraid but if you think of the upheaval your poor body has been through and all the changes in hormones. I had my hrt dose increased 2 times by consultant when gp seemed too afraid to do anything! So I wonder who is monitoring that for you? Have you spoken to your gp recently, helpful if they are supportive but I know not all of them are! Hang in therexxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.