Feeling unwell after a fall and taking cocodamol

Posted , 3 users are following.

I

I fell down stairs boxing day and hurt my back I self medicated for a week with strong ibufren and diclafenic My back muscles went into spasm and went to a&e Given cocodamol 30s and Diazepan for muscle damage

By this time I couldn't eat had the runs and felt like death I have stopped taking the codamol after 5days and finished the Diazipan I had Now I still hurt from the fall but feel like I have the flu my stomach is in constant pain and when I eat I'm straight to the loo Not sleeping well either I have read the side effects of cocodamol and wondered if this is why I feel unwell after such a short time on strong pain killers and not taking them for 3 days advise please

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear Jean, 

your symptoms seem consistent with those of a codeine withdrawal, however you had a fall too, so perhaps get yourself checked out again less you damaged something else in the fall?

As for the Co-codomol, as you've been on such a small dose for a relatively short time, you should be fine completely in another 4 days or so.

Best

• Posted

Thanks for the reply I had to go to GP yesterday and it seems I have a bladder infection probably caused with the cocktail of drugs I took irritating my insides after the fall Hopefully the antibiotics he gave will sort me out

Regards

• Posted

Hello Jean. It doesn't sound a terribly long period to do that sort of damage. Many of us who suffer stomach problems have been on painkillers for a good while. I would certainly go and see your GP. it may be something that is relatively easy to sort out. Kind regards x Drew

• Posted

I'm sorted now thankyou saw GP and it's bladder infection I think things will improve with my antibiotics Thanks for your reply

Regards

• Posted

Glad you got it sorted with your GP. Although there's controversy RE antibiotics, they work...never, ever go down the codeine route!.

All the best,

Rich

• Posted

Great Jean. Sometimes it's just something simple. As Rich says... don't ever be tempted to go down the strong painkiller route. Hope you feel better soon xx Drew

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.