Feeling unwell and confused

Posted , 4 users are following.

wondering if anyone knows what this could be? ive been feeling unwell for around 4 weeks sneezing,tight chest, pains in either side of my back and ribs, and lots of confusion like delirious as such mainly affects me at nightime leading to a bit of anxiety, just causing me a lot of distress.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

anyone have a clue what this could be?

• Posted

Hello There - sounds to me like anxiety is causing your anxiety? You might want to get a full physical with a complete blood work up. Confusion is another issue in it of itself that could be caused by many, many factors. You might also want to be checked for Fibromyalgia.

Are you currently taking any meds that would also create those side effects. There are plenty of meds that could cause confusion along with everything you are describing here.

Wishing you the best,

Glenn

• Posted

hi glenn thanks for you reply and will be looking into it! and no medications recently, i have been dieting and doing a bit more gym work and actually seems to get worse if i have a good workout at the gym. its frightening when the confusion sets in when it hits it doesnt leave for a few hours, dont know my surroundings etc mainly on a night

• Posted

also if i book a doctors appointment woild they refer me to get a full physical bloods took etc? or would need to be booked by myself?

• Posted

bloodwork is typically done as part of a physical. At least here in the U.S. Not sure where you are, or how old you are but you should get a complete physical. They can determine also if your problems are neurological. I would imagine based on what you're indicating, they will order a number of tests.

• Posted

Does your GP have any advice to offer?

• Posted

Talk to a heart doctor to see if this can be heart related. You can never be to careful with your heart. Also get an iron and potassium blood test. That can make you tired and groggy. When my iron was very low I could hardly function. Hope you get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.