feeling unwell for a while

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have not been feeling very well for the past few weeks. I am prone to fainting alot and under investigation for that at the moment. Lately i have been feeling really tired all the time, been getting hot and cold sweats, been off my food, headaches and aches and pains. I have got a sore throat and a cough now only had it for a few days though. Just wondering if you could give me a idea on what this could be?. I have been looking on internet but it tells you lots of different things.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jade,

Please wait for reports. Don't be panic. Have some patience. If you checked with internet, you will get each symptom in every disorder. You need to analyze your symptom depending upon your age and the cause. The sore throat and cough could be a simple allergic reaction, but we can't conclude anything now. Let's see for reports and will decide for further tests if required.

• Posted

From Carenj's reply I'm assuming that you are not in the UK Jade?  We do not immediately go down the route of tests - our GPs are trained to fully assess your symptoms and signs.  If you are in the UK, you should see the GP as a first port of call if you have not already seen a pharmacist.
  • Posted

Dear Jade

Any illness lasting more than a week that is not resolved with rest, fluids, and over the counter medications suggested by the pharmacist should be investigated by your GP.  The public health england now recommend the use of vitamin d in the winter seasons, as we do not get enough from food these days (processing) and sunlight.  The internet is not for the faint-hearted.  You have a good list of symptoms there, it would be helpful to know if the sweats are during the night or day or both.  Get down to your GP surgery and have them listen to your chest.

• Posted

I have been having sweats day and night. Feel really really ill no energy atall. I have tryed to get in to see my GP but can never get in!. I just dont know what to do!.
    • Posted

Your GP has to offer you an appointment. (NHS choices)  If not, find your nearest walk-in centre and get assessed there: type nhs choices walk in centre into the search engine - you will find the website for it there - if I post the link in here, it will take days to get to you
  • Posted

Hi jade1991

What does your GP says it is? Have you been referred to a consultant at your local hospital!

I have an IPF basically a Pulmonary Fibrosis and under both Ipswich Hospital and Papworth. I have had to learn from my present condition since 2012.

Unfortunately, the Internet can tell you a load of different things but unless you understand your condition you can believe to think you have a whole load of conditions - so the best place to start is with your GP?

Kind regards

Jazztrain

• Posted

I have not been able to get into my GP as every time i phone for a appointment they dont have any!..so have to keep trying. I just want to get it sorted! 
  • Posted

Hi jade1991

Now don't get upset... you have to ring at 8.00am in the morning and if engaged - just keep ringing until the surgery answers you and make the appointment for that day!

If you can't ring yourself get your mother, boyfriend, husband to do it for you!

Failing that you just present yourself to your nearest A/E Department and say you can't get a GP appointment.

Simple isn't it?

Kind regards

Jazztrain

• Posted

You could try telling your GP that you will have to go to A&E if they won't see you.
  • Posted

I do phone at 8 am and keep trying but still have no appointments ill just have to keep trying i guess!.
  • Posted

Do you get a temperature with these sweats? How old are you? Have you been abroad recently? It could easily be something simple like a viral infection or glandular fever (viral). As you have been ill 2 weeks, ask the receptionist for an " on the day appointment", some practices have nurse triage and they will ring you back to assess your symptoms. For urgent problem you do not wait for a routine appointment. Be firm and assertive. Do not go to A&E.
    • Posted

Yes i get a temperature. I am 23 years old and no have not been abroad lately was about 2 years ago. I have also started being sick and got really itchy skin but no rash! rolleyes
  • Posted

Have you rung for an emergency (NOT routine appointment)?

do you know what blood tests you have had for the tiredness and fainting? Sounds like you need to have FBC, PAul Bunnel, Liver function test, blood sugar, and electrolytes as a basic minimum. Be persistent.

• Posted

Yes rung this morning at 8 but my docters is closed today! I have had loads of blood tests not sure which ones!. I have had a loop recorder fitted a year ago i am under broad green heart and chest hospital Liverpool. Whats FBC? 
  • Posted

FBC- full blood count. Looks for anaemia, infections (white cells go up) , and some other things. 

Your GP HAS to make provision for cover when they are not there. The information should be on the answerphone message. If not then ring your local trust or PALS (patient  advice and liaison service) complain and ask what they are going to do about the lack of cover.

• Posted

I will phone tomorrow!..its shut on tuesdays and thursdays it is only emergency appointments so maybe could try and get one of them. And should i ask for a FBC or should they give me one anyway? 
    • Posted

I would be inclined to say you now need an emergency appointment as your symptoms have not resolved!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.