Feeling unwell with bx

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have a had bronchiectasis for three years and have managed has well has I can .The last couple of weeks my chest has been tight and I had to take my ventolin a lot more ,I feel very tired and don’t have any energy .I am not coughing anything but still wheezing and have tightness .does any body else have this ,any help would be grateful 

Thanks Joanne 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Since this is a change, perhaps you want to talk to your doc, consultant, nurse, somebody medical, to make sure that you're all right.

• Posted

Hi Joanne,

Sorry you're feeling so unwell. When that happens to me I go to see the doctor so they can listen to my chest and see if I need ABs / steroids...  I don't cough either but it doesn't always mean it's only needs ventolin. 

Do you have a respiratory consultant? If not I'd ask the doctor for a referral. If you do I'd contact the secretary and ask for an appointment. 

Best wishes

Janet

• Posted

Morning, I have Bronchiectasis with similar symptoms and don't always have a cough. Have learnt by experience that, for me, it usually means an infection needing antibiotics or it only gets more serious. I wouldn't leave it too long before seeing your GP.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi Joanne,

Have you had any kind of infection lately, or has this just cropped up on its own? I ask because except for the lack of coughing (I tend to keep a productive cough), your symptoms sound like mine right now--wheezing, tight, always tired--and I'm slowly recovering from severe bronchitis that hit in mid-November and took nearly two months to clear out.

Definitely, definitely see your doctor to get some idea of what's going on. As others have said, you may need antibiotics or steroids, and you may need another inhaled med added to your Ventolin.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

• Posted

Yes! Nebulizer with 3% saline solution, with postural drainage in between helps!
    • Posted

Brenda, is the 3% saline solution at the pharmacy or only on prescription? 

Thanks

• Posted

I'm sorry Janet, I'm not sure. Mine was prescribed. 

• Posted

Thanks Brenda...I'll ask in the pharmacy, they will soon tell me. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.