Feeling upset

Posted , 11 users are following.

There is a Facebook page called Surviving polymyalgia rheumatica without prednisone.  And a person posting that she cured herself by following a very strict anti-inflammatory diet.  When I tried to get more information (how long had she been ill, how did her recovery progress, etc) she took offense.  I had suggested that if her recovery had been a genuine recovery from PMR she should publish a paper because there are thousands of us who could benefit.  So now I feel a little sick because she took offense and refused to answer my questions.  But what if she is right?  But I know she can't be, not for the majority of us anyway.  And by advocating this method she may be endangering people at risk of GCA.  

0 likes, 134 replies

134 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI Anhaga

I joined this group the other day to see what it was like (after reading this post) and it seems that there's a few problems with people's understanding of the purpose of the page..... unlike this forum there's a bunch of people saying really stupid things and giving poor advice.... not a lot about 'surviving PMR without pred!

I'm so glad I found this forum first or things would have been very differentt over the past year. Fancy listening to a bunch of fools who are in-fighting!

• Posted

I withdrew from the group after another day or two.  It seemed a shame because I did feel I could have been a voice of reason - after all, who amongst doesn't want life without pred? - but it was not the right place for me.
    • Posted

it's not the right place for me either.... pity. BUT, we have each other....lol

I'm still following the full auto-immune 'diet' and feeling so much better - I would have loved to have more discussions about it...

You are a proponent of healthy living, I'll just have to chat to you instead!

• Posted

Hi Flip (love your name)

I think I remember you posting about your auto immune diet as I've been feeling crummy - again - and am thinking a diet change might help.

Do you happen to know the name of the topic you used?  

Sometimes great info appears under different starting topics.....and I would like to read about what you are currently eating as you are saying you are feeling much better.  

And do you think yiur imorovement is just your diet or could it be the MX and the resulting lower dose of Pred?

• Posted

Thanks! I've been called Flip since I was in grade 3 - it's one of those things, I'm Not sure if I grew into the name or the name suited me. Lol

this is the post to which you refer https://patient.info/forums/discuss/my-experience-with-methotrexate-and-the-auto-immune-protocol-diet-or-the-worse-than-paleo-diet--501840

i really don't know if it's the drugs or the diet, but Mr Flip has also improved since I changed our diet, so he's my control subject lol

eating fresh food can never be wrong.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.