Feeling useless

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have my first appointment with rheumatology in two weeks. I was relying on my other half to take me as it's a big hospital, lots of walking and steps to reach the entrance. I thought he could drop me at the door. Unfortunately he's away on a course for the week I'm going. I told him I was thinking of getting a taxi and he's gone mad. Saying it's a waste of money and I should just drive. I feel so bloody useless x 

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

if your not up to driving dont do it, you get a bloody taxi safty first, for yourself and others ,pain makes you lack in concentration ,you cant have that when your driving.

think of what even minor accident could cause you , and worse still what if you hurt someone else the stress that would cause you .all for tha sake of a taxi .

do what you feel is right. put yourself first. but i know how frustrating feel useless can feel i feel it every day. its worse than the condition . tianx

• Posted

Thanks Tina. I feel really anxious about my appt and as I suffer with anxiety I know I'll be a mess on the morning. Just wish he'd be a bit more understanding xxx 
    • Posted

its taken me to start texting another guy who i met on u tube .for my husband to even notice me. so your not alone.

tianx

• Posted

Hi there

Don't worry about feeling torn or guilty between what is right for yourself and what you feel you should do in worry of depending on others.

Get into proactive resourceful mode as I did as it really helps to make you feel useful and gives you an end goal/aim. Wherever you live there is local hospital transport as I discovered with some research. Where I am depending on your mobility as to whether I have full assistance in an ambulance and wheelchair to my hospital appts or I pay a very small fee i.e. 50p per mile with a local cab firm that the hospital transport team use if I am more able bodied at the time. As I am now logged in their computer system they are aware that sometimes my fibro is good and I can use my walking sticks and others (as at present as I have a broken ankle too! ha ha don't ask ha ha) they provide full ambulance driver care with a wheelchair door to door when needed. 

So no more tired teddy more proactive and day at a time not so hard on self teddy :-)

All the best

• Posted

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm sorry I'm not replying to you individually I'm just so tired. It's awful that we feel the way we do. That our partners don't see until it's too late Tina. Others too bloody mean to help debbar. I'm glad you get help Ech. I just feel like giving up. I'm not even on the road of medication yet but I feel like this pain is too much. The effect on my life is too much. Is this it? 
    • Posted

get some nano gold supplement down you it does help with the fatigue. and imune system.

and magneisum oil helps with the pain and fatigue . or for quicker results magneisum plant based supplement , but not if u have ibs or kidney problems ,

in that case the spray is safer as it dosent go into the stomach .it works thru the blood stream.

you need to get yourself on an even keel when your fatigued  your pain is worse and when your pain is bad you can't function or think straight.

if you want to give what i suggest a try. let me know . i will private message u , thru this forum with where to get the above . you can't do it on this page as its classed as advertising.

you have to try something you cant keep feeling like this

regards tian x

• Posted

Thanks Tina I'll wait until after hospital appt and see what they say.  I'll contact you after if that's ok xx 
    • Posted

these are alternatives , so you wont get any doctor to agree about them .

but both mag and gold work along side pharm drugs .

just might mean you could given time reduce the pharm drugs .

good luck at the hospital tina x

• Posted

Hello,

Sorry to hear you plight. I am the same, find it difficult to drive at times. If money is not a problem, go for the taxi. I know some people on a tight budget, and if is you I can see it be more diffficult. Either way, good luck and hope all goes well.

Take care, Anne x

• Posted

Thanks Anne. Money is tight but I really don't think I can manage the walk from car park to hospital after driving there xx
  • Posted

Hi Tired Teddy

Take no notice of him. Get a taxi and get youself there safely.

Good luck with seeing the Rheumy...smile

• Posted

Hi, no no really in lots of pain and for three weeks now my knees have been very sore an painful. I am constantly reheating a wheat pad to ease the pain. I struggle to go for a walk, but have to keep it up. Regards Anne
    • Posted

Sorry your having a bad day. Me too. Can hardly move my head due to pain in neck. Hope it eases up for you soon. Take it easy x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.