Feeling very anxious.

Posted , 4 users are following.

To say it has been a difficult few years is an under estimate, started in 2011 when my beautiful lovely friend was rediagnosed with terminal cancer, I held her hand all the way - hospital visits, going to theatre, extra.. 2012 my partner and I had a disagreement didnt speak for 6 months ish, towards end of the 6 months he had an affair, very messy, I was signed off work with stress. As I was trying to do 3 jobs in part time hours (NHS for you)!. following a very stressful time my partner and I decided to give it another go - we have a child plus 20 yrs together, where I have forgiven him cant forgive myself for forgiving him (its just not right to treat someone like that). My partner is very hot headed and 'doesnt give a damn' about most people, as a result we are in dispute with the neighbours over a party wall, and them wanting to knock the wall down that we built to build an extension. - where I know the wall will be replaced by the extension wall (probably nicer than what is there now) my partner I think is just being awkward..and I think is going to kick off any minute, . it is causing me so much anxiety. I get palpations, high bp.  All I want to do it get away from it all, but difficult with a 10 yr old. I do not let my anxiety effect anything to do with my child. I am very good at putting on a brave face.  I have mentioned to my partner ' no wonder I am stressed with you'. he just doesnt think I am. not sure what to do, feel like I am going to have a heart attack or stroke! I know you will probably say see your GP, but to be honest they are a little useless at my surgery. all I do is eat so putting on weight which is causing me more stress. Vicious circle. smile be nice to know I am not alone. even though I feel it.  I sort of wish I had the strength to get rid of my partner when I had the chance as a lot of my anxiety I feel is when he is around or when I know how he is going to react to situations.   sorry for rambling on!!! smile 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm ever so sorry you are going through this wuzzle. It's hard enough dealing with anxiety when everything else in your life is running smooth but the added pressure of things being all up in the air makes things a whole lot worse.

The best way to combat this is to scale everything down. Sit back and think about the little things you can do to ease the load..It could just be the tiniest few things that take some pressure off you,it would make a whole lot of difference.

I don't know much about you from your post but for myself,I made sure all my finances where in order and that any important calls or correspondence where dealt with. I downsized my home so it wasn't so overwhelming. I have totally avoided people who thrive on drama and negativity. All these things(apart from the house move) have all eased my mind a little so in turn,my anxiety has decreased.

I walk twice a day. Even if it's just round the cemetery( real ray of sunshine I am lol) or to my sunbed shop. I also make sure I take at least half an hour,just to be myself and meditate,quieten my mind.

All these things I hope are helping me. I'm far from where I need to be but also far from where started when this anxiety/depression started.

I know we all have different lives and what may be achievable for me,may not be for everybody but I find that sometimes somebody may come up with something where I think "yes I can try that"!!!

We are here if you need us xx

• Posted

Thank you Hun xxx

It helps me too. Talking to myself doesn't always work but when I see what I've wrote to others..I know that somewhere in here is a brain that works and is trying to find a way through this xxx

• Posted

Thank you Aspinan xx

Im sorry you had a bad night/day too.

I read your post but had to quickly nip out so didn't get chance to reply.

I do hope you are feeling a little better xx

• Posted

Thank you for your advice, I will certainly try and make small changes, and hopefully have the strength for big changes or maybe they will all add up to big changes. Anxiety is something very new to me, I have always been strong enough to cope with basically anything so to feel like this is quite Alien, and because I have always been strong happy go lucky, dont think people around me know what to do about it either, but like I said I am very good at putting on brave face. Starting today, deep breaths, I have to beat this, smile xx
  • Posted

So sorry you are having a really rough time at the moment. Marriage is hard work, mine did not survive all the ups and downs. Maybe change your GP, they sound a bit unhelpful x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.