feeling very depressed and detached from my self and reality

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi every one im really struggling today and have been for a few days now i feel so low and anxuious and out of touch with my self and reality finding it so hard to cope right now and the constant thoughts and fear of dying is  unbearable im so scared of death its stoping me from leading a normal life i just cant cope with reality i feel like just giving up all together sadsadsad

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, how long have u been on medication? Can u try and occupy yourself some how? I no its hard, have u got support? Stay strong u won't b like this forever x
  • Posted

Hi Omeara,

I know exactly how you feel. I was exactly like that last October and November. It too about a good 6 weeks for the medication to fully kick in. I was in a terrible state, did not think I would feel normal again. Believe me you will feel like this forever. Hold on there. Its hard, but things will be fine.

Good luck

D

• Posted

You will not feel like this forever.
    • Posted

Hi Deborah, I am on my 5th week and still not better will getting anxious on a morning and depressed around late afternoon it worries me I won't get better either
    • Posted

Hi Ash,

It took 6-8 weeks for the meds to kick in fully. You will feel better soon, just hold on in there. I have been on meds for around 3 months now and I feel great. No anxiety and depression anymore. Hope this gives u some encouragement.

Deborah

• Posted

Thanks For your reply 😃 I keep having good days and bad days, was your depression bad? I had a wobble last night, thinking about death and suicide even tho I would never ever do that, don't no what happened to me something just took over my brain it scared me, I will give it to the 8 week mark and it I am still no better I will go and see my gp, don't really want to increase my meds as already on 100mg so will ask for a mood stabiliser or another anti d, I have come along way to what I was 3 weeks ago tho I was the lowest of the low, so pleased u feel better x
    • Posted

Ash,

I know exactly how you feel. I remember that when I was at my lowest ebb I did not want to wake up in the morning. I am sure they will subside and you will feel normal. I had good and bad days with my depression.

Good luck

• Posted

ty all 4 da kind words and support im trying so hard to stay strong but as ye kn it can be so tough fighting a battle against yr own mind its just mental torture at times i feel so trapped at times i just dont kn what to do with my self sadsadsad
    • Posted

I feel for you because I remember so much when I was going through the mental torture. It was hell going through those times, but you will get better.

Take care

X

• Posted

Hi Omeara, I too understand what you are experiencing and it is awful.  I tend to sleep a lot to avoid thinking.  I switched my antidepressant recently because the other one, which had worked beautifully, was suddenly no longer working.  

So you have a fear of dying?  Are you unable to do certain activities due to this fear?  When I was younger, I had the occasional fear of dying, but pushed it out of my mind by remembering that once I am dead, I will feel nothing.  Then I worried at times about the way in which I would die and decided that no matter the way, my body most likely could cause me to black out during the worst of it.

However, I have spent more time wanting to die than the fear of it.  Depression is a beast that grips me tightly at times.

I hope this lets up soon for you.  It WILL let up, thankfully.

Hugs

Dawn, USA 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.