feeling very depressed and hopeless hlp plz

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have ocd and anxiety and was on sertraline for 7 years I dose had to be reduced

Because of heartburn and wasn't working at that dose anymore so I was changed to

Citalopram, didn't work was on it for 6 weeks and felt no improvement, I have now been

On fluvoxamine for 2 days and feel

Overall awful, I feel so depressed that

I'm never going to feel better and the

Thoughts are never going to go away, iv just started cbt also, I feel like I will be like this

Forever, I cant eat or sleep and just feel

Like giving up! X

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Donna, I know it's hard but give the fluvoxamine a bit longer. All anti-depressants take at least six weeks to kick in. I'm glad to hear you've started CBT. It's not a miracle cure and will require some work on your part too, but it's very effective for many people, especially when combined with an anti-depressant.

In the meantime, try and maintain some kind of daily routine. I know how hard that is - when I was suffering from depression I never wanted to get up in the morning, but I always felt better on days when I did get up and managed to achieve something. That "something" was sometimes only going to the shops and back, or doing the washing-up, but it gave me a sense of satisfaction and self-worth out of all proportion to the act itself.

I know how hard it is to try and see past all this. That's the nature of depression. But lots of people have suffered like you and have been able to get their lives back on track with a bit of help.

• Posted

Thank you for your kind comments,

I just hate the awful thoughts and

Anxiety, and constant worry I will feel

And think this way forever . Xxx

• Posted

Hang on in there Hun. You will get better. You have too. No1 stays the same forever. You are at the bottom now so only way is up. Let's do it together xxx
    • Posted

Thank you 😊 feel very depressed sometimes over these thoughts x
  • Posted

Hi Donna,

just a couple of things id like to share from my own experience. I was given pregablin for what i later found out was General Anxiety Disorder.  I had a lot of weird symptoms and think it was all kicked off with stress.

i would sweat even in a cool environment, my forehead and back would just become saturated. I had back pains, felt very angry and snappy at times, terribly low and fed up black moods not wanting to be alive but too scared to do anything about it but i just wanted to get bettr.

my GP put me on pregablin and ive been on them ever since which isnt good but withinh hours i started to feel gradually like I was changing. Unfortunatly I cant get off them now but I will somehow. I was so lethargic and just couldnt get enthused about anythung I used to find interesting. i would just want to sleep felt so tired. The worst bit was a feeling like I was always worried about something but didnt know what? Like the feeling when  you were in big trouble at school but you werent going before the head until the next day and you kept firgetting and then remebering, really horrible feeling. With the pregab all that went. However, a lot of people have terrible times with it. 

I was also diagnosed with depression nearly 2 years ago. Was put on Citranoplan but eventually switched as my doctor told me there was a small chance of the combination being fatal, citranoplan and pregablin.

I was switched to Sertolene and it still worked but I am still on both.

i was also diagnosed with an underactive thyroid and have finally been fiven Thyroxine to deal with things. 

It might be worth you getting yourelf checked out  1 in 3 suffer with thyroid issues. Not saying I know much ablut it but it might be worth asking your GP if they could check you out. No one should feel trapped in a cell of depresssion

just remember there are people out there who care and undersatnd some of the issuessz

• Posted

If you want to chat feel free to do so, 

kind regards Chris x

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply I currently take 50mgs of levothyroxine which iv been on for many months, iv had anxiety issues for years, my mam committed suicide through depression and I also suffered abuse as a child by a family member, my CBT therapist says my problems with ocd, anxiety are caused by

Unresolved issues past traumas. I

Just feel like iv been through enough just want this anxiety and ocd to

Bugger off and leave me alone, hate it

The way it makes me think and feel

I'm on fluvoxamine only been on this

3 days.

• Posted

Hi Donna. I too was like yourself and there are still times when I go below par. My medication that has truly helped me is mitazapine, olanzapine, and as a prn clonozipam. I know we are all different and the same combination of meds don't suit ever body. I have just had a horrendous year of side effects from quatiapin. I wish I could be more helpful. Keep going with the cat because those horrible intrusive thoughts are actually there for lots of people but knowing how to deal with them is important. Best wishes Sandra

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.