Feeling very depressed and out of touch with reality

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi haven't posted on here in a few months but the last few days has been really hard for me I'm very depressed and out of touch with reality can't seem to be able to cope with reality also I haven't been out of the house much the last few days I main issue is i tink about dying every minute of the day I'm 38 and my fear of dying is controling my life or should I say what life I'm so consumed about dying I'm just not living is there any1 out going through similar or gone through something the same please let me know.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

omeara

Why worry regards death, we cannot do anything about it and when our times come we will have to go without a wimper. We are born to die and nothing we do or say will change that fact. We can kick furniture stamp our feet and take tantrums, we die. Some people try and negotiate their demise, what can we all do, nothing.

In my twenties I was involved in a nasty car accident and was very lucky to be passed over by the Grim Reaper, and after that time I was lookin at the sky and going down to the coast to watch the sea I became a firm believer that I had cheated death, eventually all became normal again and now I am sixty six years old. I had in ways tried to negotiate my passing and was frightened and concerned about my worries. What a waste of time, 

I have travelled the world since then and have had a very interesting full life, I now understand we are put on this world to live, we are also around to die. we take life by the scruff of the neck and run with it, we then can honstly say we lived life well, and we go when called

• Posted

I'm sorry I don't want to sound mean but that really isint much help to me I'm a person who has mental problems who needs some advice and support at this time.

• Posted

omeara

Sorry, I also have a Chronic Painful condition and the associated Reactive Depression. I have been ill since the 1970s and will die with my Chronic disability possibly by taking Opiate medications for most of my life.

We all need to live our lives to its full extend, we cannot worry about something that is going to happen at some part of our lives, the only certain thing in life is death and the time of death would seem to be set by higher beings than us poor Mortals.

I do not know how we can defer a death it will happen, although I will say can you find anyone who can defy a parting by death.

How do you want to be addressed on a certainty, I do not know your condition and we never know the outlook of the word we all live 

Try and live your life fully I hope someone will come and try and placate your fears. What I will say however I would not be a human if death did not put the fear of death in my heart. Over the years I have seen a great deal of last days, I would love not to see anymore of it and see only my own parting as I will most probably not see my own death.

• Posted

wow if i was to write a post a few months ago about how i felt,you have just wrote it for me.im 36 and all of a sudden i was hit by a suddon fear  of death  when i was in bed trying to sleep id think about it then get this feeling of blankness which was crazy.i think we all think about dieing at some point in our lives just some people think about it more,it was worse when i read about young people dieing ,it consummed my days which triggered anxierty which triggered my depression harder,i started taking proponol during the day low dosage and citrpram at night,took a few weeks but it did help,STAY STRONG AND KEEP FIGHTING THE FIGHT, if you get to low give me a message m8
    • Posted

Thanks very much for your support I'm going through a really though time right now it dose help a little bit to know I'm not the only one going through this nightmare.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.