Feeling Very Isolated

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm having such a bad time with anxiety at the moment, mostly health anxiety. I have taken my temperature about 20 times today and have been googling symptoms all day. I live alone since losing Mum this time last year. I've just moved into a new home after 47 years sharing a home with Mum. It's been a hard time lately and I feel like I'm sinking and I just don't know what to do anymore. I don't want my life if its going to always be like this. Thank you for reading.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hey lisa.

i have been having a discussion with a friend of mine about somthing relevant to this. about our bodies and mind subconsciously keeping track of the time of year and we can start to get triggered just from it being close to the time of the anniversary of the cause of stress. i have no idea if i made sense. just thought id blurt out my thinking.

j

• Posted

Hello Jordan

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I think you are absolutely right about the time of year being a trigger. I've been dreading Christmas, I lost Mum exactly a week before Christmas last year and I'm finding myself continually thinking "this time last year, I was visiting Mum in the hospital ". I've always suffered from health anxiety but this last year it has been so bad and it feels like its getting worse. I'm so unbelievably sad.

Thank you again for replying, it means a lot. x

• Posted

its no problem at all. i understand you when it comes to health anxiety, i have just been through a hell of a month with it my self, also makes me worse around this time of year. i dont think the weather helps us that struggle. but i hope youre doing okay and getting some relief some how.

j

• Posted

do you have anybody you can talk to? Friends? Family members? It’s very difficult to be alone when you are used to being with your mom for so long. you are still in the process of grieving, and sounds like you could use some support. have you ever considered speaking with a counselor? They can help you with this for sure! I live alone, and I get extremely lonely at times so I force myself to get out and talk with other people. I joined a fitness club and I volunteer. I found that when I help others, it’s definitely a lift out of depression. so now I stay as active as I can. I met a nice group of ladies. It’s good to vent to other people when you’re going through difficult times. You can definitely feel better! Take those baby steps. Also, exercise is great to relieve depression! Private message me anytime!

• Posted

Thank you Jan.

I have my daughter who is wonderful but I feel like I get on her nerves because I'm always 'ill'. I know she worries about me and I worry about the impact its having on her because I know that I'm exhausting to be around. She has her own little family and I'm mindful not to intrude upon that. When Mum got ill I myself was recovering from major surgery and I'm still feeling the effects of that surgery now which just adds to the worry about my health. I just feel like I go round and round in circles. I'm very lonely and incredibly worried about the future. I feel like I'm a burden on people. My best friend has also just lost a parent so, again, I'm mindful not to intrude upon her grief with my problems. Thank you for your reply Jan, I really appreciate it. x

• Posted

Hello Lisa,

I really feel for you because health anxiety is a very isolating thing in itself, so that together with the loss of your Mum and your surgery...it is truly A LOT.

As Jan has mentioned in her reply, if you could get to see a counsellor I'm sure that would be very helpful or a bereavement group. I understand about you being mindful of others, but in the same way that I'm sure you would be happy to help your daughter and friend if they need it, they will be happy to be there for you too. And you can always come here if you feel lonely, it's not the same as in person but sometimes you find people who better understand in these groups.

Sending you a warm hug!!

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. Its been the worst 2 years of my life, it just feels like its been one thing after the next and I just don't know what to do anymore. I truly believe that if it wasn't for my daughter I wouldn't be here. I try so hard to be logical and try to relax but I just can't. Every part of my body is tense and my muscles are sore and tired. My GP is rubbish and my local counselling service through the NHS has a 3 month waiting list for counselling. I appreciate this group so much. Thank you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.