Feeling very low, which tablets seem to be best to help???

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi.. iv sufferd with depression for around 15 yrs on and off, I was put on to tramerdol 300 mg which seemed to help very well, and as I tuk them at nite helped with my sleep as well, but the middle of last year (2016) they seemed to stop working and when I tuk them at nite it made me really agitated to the stage I could not fall asleep till early hours of the morning, and only managing one hours sleep anite, this really started to get me down, and my depression slowly came back, there is no reason to why I felt this way, nothing really changed in my life, I live a lone which I love, and have done for 12 yrs, I'm not looking to get in a relationship at all, love my life as it is, except this feeling of very low mood, I went to the docs in tears not being able to stand any more, he put me on to mirtazapine 15 mg, then to go up to 30 mg , which I did, my depression seem to be ok, in a way, but 30 mg seem to affect my sleep again so I came bk down to 15mg and my sleep is fine, but my mood is once low again, i don't want to go bk to my doc as scared he will take me of mirt and my sleep will be out the window again so I keep putting this off, I do take kalms as well which help a little bit, please, please don't tell me to get a grip of life, and get out more, as iv seen on this forum some people seem to think this and all will be well, when your depressed, all you want to do is go to bed and sleep as that is the only time my mind is free of the depression, I would love to go to bed for a year and wake up, and life would be great, but that's not the reality of life, I go out every day walking my dog, so I'm not stuck in, and meet with friends, so yes I do go out, and yes iv talked to special people about being depressed, but that don't work I just feel worse then, I know that one tablet may work for one person, but not for another, but any ideas would help if I went bk to the docs and asked for me to stay on mirt for the sleep, but is there any thing eles I could take to help lift my mood, any ideas???

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had never suffered from clinical depression until 2015. In July 2015 I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder with psychosis and it was treatment resistant. I have been on 15 mg mirtazapine and 300 mg venlafaxine. I am happier the

an I've been in years and sleeping better. As you said, not everyone responds the same way to meds. They have given me my life back though. I hope your doctor will find the meds that will help you enjoy life again. Let me know how you make out.

Take care,

Phyllis

• Posted

Hi Phyllis, 15mg of mirtazapine does really help with my sleep, so I'm dreading going bk to docs and he takes me of mirt and just puts me on another antiperspirant then my sleep goes out the window again, as my doc just always just changers your tablets rather like u carry on with mirt and have another tablet to help with the depression, and I want to stay on mirt for the sleep, but need some thing to help with depression... I will try to pick my self up and go in and see the doc and hope for the best that he will let me stay on mirt, but I get a feeling he won't lol... fingers crossed , I will let u know when I go and see the doc, thanks for your reply, at least u know your not on your own with this alful depression 🙂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.