Feeling very strange when sleeping

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

first post here and it's nothing easy to explain. It's even hard for me to understand what's going on. But I'll try my best.

That's the third time I've had a night like this and what's happening is, when I go to bed and try to sleep I feel veeery strange as soon as I close my eyes. It's not that that the closing of my eyes makes me feel weird but I immediately fall into a state that feels like in between sleep and awake. I'll have constant dream like thoughts but also know that I'm trying to sleep somehow. I feel like I'm not myself and like I'm not even attached to my body. I can't do anything about it, the only thing I can do is open my eyes and move a bit so I regain feeling in my body and have clear thoughts. Sometimes I would touch my face or a leg while I'm "sleeping" and then notice that I only feel the sensation a couple of seconds delayed. So I'm basically closing my eyes, then have vivid dreams where I know that they are dreams, but they are just situations nothing crazy, then notice that I'm not myself/not in my body/multiple awarenesses at the same time, then open my eyes and move - be one normal person again and then start over again. I don't really have to wake myself up as I'm not really asleep and aware of that. I just open my eyes and move. It's not a pleasant experience and I can't get any real sleep from it at all. I also don't feel tired. I notice that I should be tired - I'm yawning and my body kind of feels tired, but It's almost like an alternate feeling of being tired, that I've never felt before and It's definitely not the comforting warm and fuzzy feeling of being tired and going to bed.

I also have some other symptoms during the day. These include: muscles hurt/feel overused especially biceps, in the shoulders, legs; fingers and other muscles feel weak; sometimes my legs/feet, arms/half of my hand feel like they're tied off and numb for a couple of minutes to hours at a time; a little but of general back pain during the night; just a general weird floaty feeling in my whole body; no appetite but I'm eating normally and will enjoy food I just don't crave any particular foods.

I also lost weight. About 12 pounds in 8 weeks but I feel like that I'm not loosing any more and that this was due to some panic attacks I had before. 

I don't feel depressed or very anxious and I'm always calm.

I'm also seeing a doctor for this and I'm waiting for results of some blood work. I just want to know if anyone has ever felt anything remotely related as I can't find anything about it.

Thanks!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.