Feeling very unwell, In need of some advice.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi this is my first post here so please bare with me, some of what is written may not seem completely relevant but I really don't want to miss anything out.

Well I suppose I'll start by saying Im a 25 year old Male from the UK. Two years ago just before this all started I really found a passion for sports, exercise, nutrition etc, I felt great, without question the healthiest I'd felt my whole life.One weekend I was out at friends having a BBQ, I'd had a few drinks and I started to get a terrible stomach ache, thought at the time it may be the food but everybody else was fine and it very rapidly became agonising, the ache had spread all over my abdomen, into my back.The pain became so bad I urged my friend to call an ambulance before passing out from the pain. Now when I came round in the ambulance, the pain had subsided and they put it down to a thinning of my stomach lining and said it was probably best to not drink for a while.On their recommendation I went to see my GP who prescribed me with Lansoprazole 30g, to this day If I stop taking these or run out I start to feel exremely sick(I guess from the acid build up in my stomach). I've barely drunk since because I either wake up with a similar but more bareable stomach ache or with incredible nausea. Unfortunately its been all downhill from then. A few months later I awoke one morning and my heart felt like it was beating incredibly hard, when I went to the gym the pressure when lifting weights became unbearable and I'd have to stop a few reps into every exercise. I went to the doctor they gave me an ECG but found nothing, they said I was fine and to try not to worry, but the sensation and pressure never went away and everyday the gym became less and less enjoyable. I went back to the doctor this time they decided to give me a 24 hour ECG, I'd also started getting palpations by this point, I went to the gym with the monitor on but still they found nothing. Nothing changed for me though and in the end I decided to stop going until I could figure out for myself why this was happening. 

A few months after this I started getting terrible body/muscle aches, it was winter, I felt far more sensitive to the cold, my whole body would seize up and ache tremedously. The only thing that seemed to help was a warm bath and even then the relief was only temporary, I still get these aches, not as severely at the moment but maybe thats just because its summer?

Next a month or so later the aches seemed to move down to my legs, but rather this time it the pain seemed to be more emphasised on my joints and bones rather than muscular, if I'm walking around for more than 1-2 hours the pain becomes pretty severe in the lower legs/feet.

I went back to the doctor, all these different problems was getting quite overwhelming and they seemed convinced that I had health anxiety, I think this is partly down to me not relaying my symptoms very well/finding it hard to put them all into words, I'd been looking around on forums for people seeming to randomly accumalate these issues like I had been but I never really found anything that seemed to similar.

Shortly after I found a lump just off my testicle, Its very tender to touch and when I do sends an aching feeling all the way up into my abdomen thought I better get it checked out, It turned out not to be cancerous but to this day I'm still not sure what it is.

within the 6 months that followed I started to get terrible head pressure which near enough every day develops into a very strange headache. I really cant focus on anything at all, at times I feel like I'm getting awful motion sickness, For me this is the worst symptom, some days i'll have a terrible headache, feel incredibly "out of it", other days will be better but never normal. That started a few months ago now and since then I've also developed bad constipation and what seems like an aching in my coxics/rectum, lowered sex drive, weak flow whilst urinating and a numbing sensation around my penis.

this has all started in the last 2 years, my outlook on life is a positive one but this is something thats really taken over, I can't remember the last time I felt "normal" or really managed to enjoy myself. It's hard to explain to a doctor whats happening to me when its so relentless and I really dont feel like I'm being taken seriously. for these to be isolated problems it seems extremely unlikely or that I am just very very unlucky. Could it be that this stems from a bigger issue affecting my whole body? All the symptoms I described are still very much present today, none have gone and it seems only more develop the longer it goes on. has anyone ever experienced anything similar? Could this be a problem with my immune system? I rarely get colds or flu etc. My diet continues to be pretty good as I feel like now more than ever its important for me to be eating the right things. Any advice or responses would be more than appreciated. Thanks in advance

Tom

2 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Thomas, 

Have you had your vitamin D checked as part of any blood tests? Only mention it because deficiency is now so common and the more severe end of the spectrum (osteomalacia) can cause symptoms like fatigue, aching, weakness confusion, depression and brain fog. If you haven't had it looked at, perhaps you could have it included next time you get bloods done. All best wishes.   

All best wishes. 

• Posted

Hi Jaybelle, appreciate the response, I had bloodwork done before I had an ECG, a while ago now though, I believe it was just a general test, I'm not sure what that shows? I didn't need to fast or anything though. I mentioned more recently to the doctor about having another blood test and he said that its very unlikely anything would have changed. I also bought some vitamin D supplements. Maybe this wouldnt help anyway? if the vitamin isnt being absorbed properly? the symptoms certainly match up though so its something I'll ask next time I go. Thanks again

Tom

• Posted

Sorry I wasnt taking Vitamin D! thats completely untrue. It was B12 I was taking, I'll look into trying some D supplements.

• Posted

I share so many of your symptoms, but most came on all at once, it seems. I have been sick since January, had gallbladder out, diagnosed with Gerd, have kidney stones, and a fluid filled cyst or deposit in my uterus. Some of my symptoms are: headaches, nausea, no appetite, weight loss, severs dry eyes, digestive issues, weakness in extremities, tremors, muscle pains, back pain, left rib area pain, fatigue, can hardly walk or stand for long, and, just recently, sore throat with mucus. I'm sure I'm forgetting some...oh yeah, brain fog too! Going to research the parasite thing, ya never know. Hope we find answers, good luck. 

• Posted

Hi Debbie,

Has anyone mentioned to you about cfs/me? It can start after having surgery.

Best wishes

Beverley

• Posted

Hi Debbie, sorry to hear you have to deal with this day to day to! It really has consumed my life and although I wouldn't want anybody to go through the same thing it is slighly comforting to know that somebody else understands! Please let me know if you find anything. Thanks for the response.

Tom

• Posted

I was feeling bad before the surgery, and have also had extensive blood work. I have a positive ANA, and am pre diabetic, but not bad enough to warrant treatment. I am having a pelvic/abdomen ct this Friday, and D&C next week. 

• Posted

I'm at that place where I'm happy they aren't finding anything bad, but would love a diagnosis, so I can treat whatever it is, you know? I will keep you posted, you do the same. Praying for us and answers????????

• Posted

Hi Debbie,

Sorry you're having so much going on for you. Will the d and c help your symptoms?

Do you have supportive family and friends?

Beverley

• Posted

Well, it's been a while since I've posted here, sadly none of my symptoms have really got any better and I'm still not really any closer to finding out what the cause is. When you have this many things going on with your body it's aImost too overwhelming to know where to begin but I will try my best. I have recently started getting a lot more neurological issues, my legs feel extremely clumsy, almost like the mind and muscle connection is evaporating, my balance is awful and continues to get worse, I feel like I have to constantly be looking in the direction I'm walking or else I'll just fall over or stumble. The brain fog/ inability to think or focus is relentless, even looking at this screen right now, if I try and focus on it for too long it starts spinning. As you can imagine I'm starting to fear the worst now, I spoke to a neurologist last week, who suggested I have an MRI of my brain, when exactly that's going to happen given everything that is currently going on in the world I don't know, but hopefully soon. As well as this, my digestive issues seem to have ramped up in the last month or two as well, I have constant discomfort and some pain which can turn into a cramping what feels like through my stomach and into my back, it's also constantly gargling and feels extremely acidic. I had a stool sample tested recently which came back "Normal" I have another appointment on Monday and the next step seems to be to have a camera into my stomach obviously I'm not over the moon at the prospect of this but it seems unavoidable at this point.

I hope everyone here has had more luck diagnosing and getting the better of their illness than I have in the last four years and of course if anyone has any advice, I'm all ears.

Tom.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.