Feeling very weak and weird

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had a tooth out yesterday about 3 injections of anesetic, was very shakey aterwards came home and slept for a couple of hours. Been taking paracetamols 8 a day. Only taken 6 so far today saving the last two before I go to bed. Just taken my 20mg cit, I am sitting here feeling very weak can hardly lisf my arms, eyes very tired & ache mouth is pounding. Have been drinking plenty of water today and managed to eat something earlier on. Do you think it is just a combintion of things?? or something different. Never felt like this before,

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

or do I just go to bed and hopefully have a full nigths sleeppppp.
  • Posted

Donot worry , just go to bed and hopefully u will be ok tomorrow 
  • Posted

Will be everything, you have had a rough week, and the ansathetic will make you feel wierd and pain as well is not nice. Hope you sleep well. Xxx
  • Posted

Ooh tooth extraction can be quite traumatic .... I had one pulled many years ago under local anesthetic, had stitches, then got an infection in the gum /wound and felt dreadful, and then to add to that I was put on antibiotics and then found I was severely allergic to Penicillan which made me even more ill boooooo :-(

Not surprised you feel so tired - it takes a lot out of you.  Painkillers and the anesthetic have probably made you feel tired and weak too, as well as,the trauma of having a tooth out plus the pain - so best off in bed and sleep it off.

Hope you feel better soon.

K x

• Posted

I would first assume that the having your tooth out, the parcetamol and taking citalopram (which makes some people very tired) as just a combination of needing a good sleep. I had my wisdom tooth out under local and when I got home I had 2x 2 hour naps just because of the tooth so adding on top with your meds you're probably just exhausted. But obviously if you are seriously worried then maybe call nhs helpline for some advice.
  • Posted

Hi Tina,

Hope you are feeling a little, if not better this morning.

I have two teeth upper right side of me mouth which should have come out at the last appt, but Dentist wanted me to try something to save them!

Anyway, yet again when I have had a big question to ask someone has got there before me! So, I take it that being on 40mg does not effect the local anaesthetic then?

Glad to hear from you.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Bestest Regards,

David x

• Posted

Thanks everyone

Had a disturbed night yet again with dreams but managed a better sleep this morning. It's now 12.30ish so I better get up I suppose and see if I can eat something.

David the dentist doubled checked my medication before proceeding so I assume you have notified your dentist what you are taking on previous appointments.

Tina x

• Posted

Oops! No I haven't. I had my last appt just before I went sick so, best I give em a ring on Monday just to inform them.

Thanks Tina!

Hope you have a better night!

David x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.