Feeling weird

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed back in Decemeber. But this past month I have been experiencing days where I feel super weird and out of it. Like almost disconnected with the world, and disoriented. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

yes i have felt this going on 10 months since EBV. Have you talked to your doc about depression and anxiety? Especially with covid and everything else going on. They can help if you need to be treated with certain medications. I personally got prescribed one that starts with a z and ends with a t. Its been helping me tremendously. Other than that i hope youre doing ok, you hanging in there?

• Posted

Yes I am on medication for anxiety. Prozac. Thank you! I am trying. Not doing too well lately. How are you?

• Edited

Hi Ashlie,

Yes, I had this and my daughter also, we call it brain fog. We had it in 2016 and it has taken a long while to get over. Eventually these feelings start to fade.

• Posted

Can you kinda explain to me how it felt to you? It's hard for me to try and explain to others.

• Edited

Yeah I've been experiencing this disconnected feeling since November. It's like looking through a pair of goggles just not feeling fully present. I think it has something to do with my vision being slightly effected. My vision is a little hazy, and definitely have some sort of light sensitivity that doesn't hurt, but I'll see after images at times, and just overall don't see as clearly as I usually do. I think it's just the constant fatigue that causes it. Would you say you've experienced similar symptoms with your vision? It took me some time to realize that my vision was playing a factor. I went to an eye doctor recently and my eyes are fine.

• Posted

Awe that is not good. I am so sorry to hear that. I have some issues with my vision like blurriness in my right eye on and off. It really bothers me, and I seem to get a lot of headaches too.

• Edited

We call it brain fog, like it is hard to think and perform physical tasks. I would say like being on auto pilot functioning but not connecting. It does go away, but like all things mono, it goes and comes back.

You will start to feel more your self as time goes by.

• Posted

Yes this is exactly how I feel. It is so strange, and I dont understand it. Thank you! I really hope so.

• Posted

mono too how is your daughter? she got sick about the same time i did.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.