Feeling weird and dizzy for quite some time and now it's gotten worse

Posted , 11 users are following.

So a few months back on a walk I noticed a slight dizziness when I turned my head. Nothing 'special', just a little vertigo I suppose? I've experienced it more but never paid any attention because it just lasted a second or two. 

Last week I was walking in the forest and I suddenly got very dizzy and felt anxious and nauseous because of it. I managed to get home and the feeling passed when I got a quick lie down in the bed for 5 minutes. Since then I've been feeling very odd. I can't walk a lot without feeling dizzy and I have this sort of pressure-in-the-head feeling. I also feel a bit 'disconnected' because of it. It worsens when I move my head and I become slightly nauseous.

I wouldn't describe the dizziness as feeling like the world is turning or I'm on a boat, it's just... weird. Same with the headache, it's not really a headache. Just a weird feeling of my brain being squeezed without pain. 

I have a history of feeling sick without any cause and I have suffered from anxiety and am currently under quite a lot of stress because of various things in my life. My question is if anybody experiences these symptoms and could tell me if this is anything serious or another stress related thing? I have gone to the doctor before and have gotten blood tests and such but nothing can be found. On this forum I've seen more people with these symptoms and examples being given such as Lyme's or some auto-immune thing. I do not believe this is the case. Is there anything I have missed? Can anxietycause this as well as myself feeling sick often without anything being wrong or without fever?

If this gets any worse I won't be able to work anymore (I walk a lot) so any advice or answers would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Dee, I am experiencing this exact same thing for the last 2 and a half months now, it started off as quick jolts as if I could faint but I never have but now it's more often and I can bring it on with certain movements.. I personally think its something to do with my neck or upper back.. do you get the feeling as if the floor you're standing on is not solid or your legs feel weak ?

• Posted

Steggles, sorry to hear you'e experiencing similar things. I don't really feel as if I'm about to faint. I feel weak-ish at times but I never am. It's just in my head, I have not had any problem with balance so far. It's more like the world moving a bit if you know what I mean - or more so, I feel like I am moving but the world around me is stationary

• Posted

I feel the same, when I stand up my legs are weak. I don't feel sick, just weird!

• Posted

Yeah I get that too, it feels like my legs are about to give way
  • Posted

I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Since the dizziness gets worse when you turn your head, I doubt it’s anxiety-related. Have you been to an ENT to have your inner ears evaluated?
    • Posted

Thank you for the reply. It does not necessarily worsen when I turn my head. It does however worsen when I have walked a bit and then turn my head. No, I have not seen an ENT of sorts - it wasn't that bad so I never bothered. It's just been worse like this for 3 days

• Posted

How is your blood pressure? Do you drink alcohol during the week?
    • Posted

My blood pressure is fine. I have been drinking but not much. I don't drink much.

• Posted

It possible its gt to do with your inner ear could be i nt to sure vestibular virus which stuffs up your balance hard i jus had to ride it out for two months i had anxiety attacks as i was fearing the worst case scenario so meds frm doc calm it down still recovering getting better drink atleast two ltrs of water a day try the VTN exercises sort of help but try smeting to keep your mind occupied

Cheers TS

• Posted

Thanks for info. I have an appt. with an ent specializing in vestibular disorders ...in Sept.!
  • Posted

Hi I feel your pain I’ve had it for ten days now I feel like you like unrealality  and like I’m falling side ways had it since a virus few  weeks ago   It’s horrible  😥

• Posted

My suggestion from experience is first whenever you lay down prop yourself up from the waist up almost on a 45 degree angle even when sleeping. Go without any alcohol for 5 days lots of water.
  • Posted

I feel the same way. Been having these symptoms over 6 yrs now. Just saw new ENT, he did hearing test ,checked ears , said everything was fine. I've had MRI's, blood work , I had equilibrium test where they blow air in ears to see if my eyes moved or something like that, I had that test done maybe back in 2011 or 2012 and all fine. I'm feeling really sick right now. It's hitting me really bad. I even have that motion sickness , palpitations . I close my eyes and feel a like I'm turning upside down , I have to open my eyes . I saw my cardiologist last week too I told him that I've been feeling the same , he knows about those symptoms . Last year he did echocardiogram and everything fine. He's done ekgs, holtor monitor and everything fine. This last appt he just checked blood pressure and it was fine. But I know it goes up when I don't feel well. My head feels pressure, unsteadiness , foggy, like if I don't get enough oxygen. I can't look up or turn around fast , I feel lightheaded in head . I always wake up tired and sometimes with headache. Feels like the bed is on water. I can't be in restaurants or stores too long. My neck and upper back have been hurting for a few years now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.