Feeling worse - same Citalopram prescription but different manufacturers,

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive been on 20mg Citalopram since August 2018 and felt a huge improvement. My repeat prescription was the same but the manufacturer was different and i now feel my old symptoms coming back Anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rick

I've read on here that some people have experienced no difficulties using different brands. Personally I noticed a difference when I was given a different brand a long while back, so much so that I asked my pharmacist if I could stick with my regular brand which is accord. I use the same pharmacist so it must be on my records now. It's something to do with the coating I think.😊

• Posted

Hi Lina

Thank you for your reply and advice. I use the same pharmacy as well so the initial brand should be on my records

Regards

Rick

• Posted

I've not had this issue with the Citalopram but I have had one with the Clonazepam that I used to take. I was doing fine when I had to take them for panic attacks, and all the sudden they switched the maker and I am sure there was a difference in how they effected me. Not sure why this happens, they 'say' it's the same medicine.

• Posted

Hi Grounded

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I agree, they are supposed to be the same product but i guess there are some minor differences which affect some users.

Regards

Rick

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.