Feeling worse than before iron infusion

Posted , 1 user is following.

i had my first iron infusion 10 days ago during the infusion i had an anaphylactic reaction was given an Epipen and sent to ER and recovered told i could never have an iron infusion again then the following day and til now 10 days later i feel so horrible i sleep 90% of the day, have chest pains, an irregular heartbeat, abdominal pain, severe headaches, dizzy, weakness, etc I saw my GP 5 days ago and asked him to run labs for me my iron labs look great but my liver enzymes are suddenly bad All i can figure out is i g had been given iron faster than my body could absorb it and it is effecting me negatively i called my hematologist and talked to the nurse who completely didnt want anything to do with this she said if my GP did the test he should deal with it i told her he didnt give me the infusion you r office didi dont know who to go to for help i feel the infusion is affecting a lot of my organs

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.