Feeling worthless and lonely

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm worthless. I have OCD and I really hate it and it consumes my thoughts often. All I do during my free time is play a video game, and I'm not even that good at it. Therefore, I am obese, and have no motivation to lose weight. I am also extremely lonely. I am just too fat and ugly for any girl to want a relationship with me. I'm an embarrasment to be around and am way too shy and socially awkward and have so little confidence to talk to anyone I'm interested in. There's no hope for me. and I don't really want to be alive anymore. I would probably not be alive if I wasn't so scared of what could possibly be after death. I hate myself and I feel like everyone hates me too. If only I wasn't so worthless.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You are not worthless. OCD is hard to deal with, but it can be done. I have OCD, anxiety, depression, and ADD, and it's a struggle getting through everyday. But we have to work through it, and you know what? Because we get through the day, that means that we are fighters. We are strong. We are are not worthless.

• Posted

You're not worthless at all. First of all don't blame yourself for playing video games... You enjoy it. So don't be guilty. You could try some gentle excercise to begin with and try to eat healthily. If you haven't already, please see your dr as feeling worthless is a big sign of depression. He may help you by prescribing some medication and sort out a diet plan if you really are worried about your weight. I guarantee there is someone out there for you and you need to build up some self confidence.

• Posted

You feel so worthless and have no confidence in talking to people you're interested in. Are you rejecting people who might be interested in you?

• Posted

Ok, baby steps first...you took a step by talking about it.

I feel the same for different reasons and these baby steps are helping a little bit.

If you are not on medication for OCD...make an appointment with a psychiatrist.

The video games..shut them off or don't even turn them on in the a.m. till you do something small...like water the lawn....or do a load of laundry...PAT yourself on the back when you do something different than you normally do.

Start the next time you want to be motivated..with a small walk in a private place...around a park...a pond....your back yard...a mall.....and then PAT yourself on the back.

I'm saying to introduce small things daily.  Make a goal everyday for one small step...and I think you will feel better.

• Posted

Hi there - sorry to read of your situation. The first thing to say is that no-one is worthless. The second to say is that you are immersing yourself in a negative thought rocess that is is a vicious cycle. Thirdly, you have to act to change - it will not come out of the blue. Get to the doctor and tell him what you are feeling. Be totally honest. Help is nearer than you think.You will have to change your methods, thoughts and actions. It will not be easy, but the rewarding things rarely are easy. People cannot hate you if they don't know you, and if they know you, they would value you as a another precious human who is a mix of the odd and the wonderful, just like the rest of us. See the doctor. Best of luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.