Feelings after a sui attempt

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello

this is my first post.

i recently made a sui attempt which was serious but mistimed. i dont remember any of what happened.

i have since i came home from hospital a few weeks ago, been feeling i no longer belong and everything is different now.

my life doesnt feel real or like i should be here.

im scared to face  my doctor again at the end of the month even though he is a wonderful doctor.

i was in a doctors appointment when it happened.

does anyone have any experiance or know how i can get through all this?  

thankyou in advance 

caz

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try joining a group, or find a friend you can talk to. Who won't get tired of you telling your story. Write it all down as much as you need to. If you've not tried medicine that's another idea. If your doctor is wonderful and I don't doubt he or she is... use that to get better. Talk to them, it's hard but to get better it takes hard work. I know I've been in those dark places.

God bless

• Posted

Do you mean you were in a Drs appt when you attempted suicide?
  • Posted

I hope you feel more positive now caz. It could be the shock causing you to forget.

richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.