Feelings of anger

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi does anyone keep getting feelings of anger for no reason? I keep feeling really angry for no reason it just comes out of nowhere and lasts for quite a while. Then I either end up crying or just go back to normal.well as normal as possible. It's scary how angry I get, I have to just be on my own or I feel like I'd start an argument.its out of character for me .

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi , I am exactly the same - I am fine

then all of a sudden it's like a wave building up until , I let rip... I have always been such a laid back person. It is totally out of character . Sometimes I have to walk away for fear of what I might say . You are not alone believe me xx

• Posted

Last year was especially rough where anger was concerned. Like you it is out of character for me. I can become instantly frustrated by certain things. The main things that set me off are dealing with computer or tech issues. I am an older adult and wasn't born with a cell phone on my hand like younger generations. So many times I feel like chucking this damned device through a window. Thankfully I haven't acted on it, but one day I will mount this thing on a tree and kill it with my 9mm. I have practiced relaxation exercises these passed few years and having done that gives me a tool at the ready to use when I get ticked off. I don't have the luxury of lingering in anger. I encourage you to deliberately practice being calm and doing things slowly and gently to fully experience it. Then when you flame up in anger you can recall the calmness a bit easier because you've practiced it. You will create a groove in your brain to depend on when you need it.

• Posted

The menopause or perimenopause can play havoc with your emotions. It can make you hyper, exhilerated, sad, angry, depressed, scared all sorts of feelings inbetween, lasting a short time or go on for hours even days at a time. I've been there, so I know what you are going through. REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT ALONE AND THIS WONT LAST FOREVER. hugs and x"s to you at this horrid time.

• Posted

Thankyou for all the replies - what is so lovely about this site is that you realise very quickly that you are not alone x
  • Posted

Hi thanks for all the replies X as Kerstin says in reply to Tina it's nice to feel you are not alone🙂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.