Feels like a sharp needle/object

Posted , 3 users are following.

I wonder if anyone else has felt the same?  As a diabetic, i often get UTI's and recently i went along to my GP as my urine was dark and i could feel like a 'sharp pain' (like a needle getting stuck), somewhere on the LHS down below.  I had a course of antibiotics which seemed to clear the infection but i still have that discomfort down below as if i have a sharp object (like a needle) stuck there.  I've made an appointment to go and see my GP again but wondering what it could be?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

l think it could be different things to give that sensation. Inflammation, more so if to extent it bleeds a bit, as with ic for many, pin point hemmorages in the bladder or nerves affected in bladder.If the infection has settled it might also settle on its own soon, but the gp should have better idea from where it is,
    • Posted

Helllo i've been to see the GP again today and she has now given me some stronger antibiotics, if these don't clear the symptoms then i will have to go back.  I took a urine sample and she tested it and said immediately it showed up as an infection, she will send the sample off to the Lab to see if it's growing anything and treat it accordingly.  Since diagnosed as diabetic, i've had quite a few water infections but this one doesn't seem to want to go away :-(

• Posted

l hope your stronger course of anti bs settle it for you, lve read quite a few on site and had simular myself, in getting shorter courses of anti b, 4-5days, for some it works but for others its not enough, think due to all the bad press about them. l think diabetics even more prone to problem infections and harder to get rid of, my sons diabetic. At least with lab youll know for def if and which infection it is to treat correctly.
    • Posted

Update - yes, my 2nd course of antibiotics did work but this was a very nasty UTI so am glad to see the back of it.  Anyway, i am now taking cranberry capsules supplements to hopefully ward off any future UTI's.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.