Feels like I can’t breathe but my breathing seems normal

Posted , 4 users are following.

i feel like i cant breathe like at any moment my lungs will stop but everyone says my breath sounds normal and i can talk. My chest hurts and it feels tight like someones squeezing my lungs. It feels like I cant get enough oxygen, like my lungs are struggling or clogged with mucus but im not coughing or wheezing. Is it considered shortness of breath and what could it be?

And before anyone says im almost positive its not anxiety

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

It sounds like a panic attack which can be cured by relaxing or exercise

All the best martin

• Posted

i dont think its a panic attack because this is all the time and im not stressed or anxious about anything. ive never had a panic attack that lasted for two weeks and im not hyperventilating, crying, gasping, or struggling to breathe like any other panic attack

• Posted

Have you been diagnosed with a panic attack?

• Posted

No a doctor said it could be acid reflux but i had an endoscopy done and that was negative.

i dont think it was a panic attack because this is constant for two weeks and im not anxious or panicking. it doesnt feel like a panic attack im not gasping for air, struggling to breathe, crying, or hyperventilating like a normal panic attack. ive also been having nausea and vomiting again all the time and it feels like im constantly going to vomit like the feeling you get when you know your about to throw up because you have that feeling in your throat

• Posted

I have a similar problem. Sorry youre having such a hard time its horrible

• Posted

My suggestion is to look at your diet. how much fibre your getting and where from. If is a acid reflux you possibly need to stop all acidic food such as oranges, spices and the like. Eat alkaline foods such as rice, sweet potatoes etc and see what happens. Also did your doctor give you anything for it.

All the best Martin

• Posted

i thought maybe it could be mucus buildup bur im not wheezing or coughing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.