Feels like I’m swallowing golf balls.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’m 17. Not pregnant. I ate some pizza a few days ago and had a lump feel in my throat and would belch and acid would come up. I figured it would go away. The next day it became painful to swallow and I couldn’t eat or drink because the pain was unbearable. I went to the doctors and they said they can’t do anything and basically wasted my time. I did test negative for strep tho. I get flush in the face and fever off and on and I find it difficult to breathe. I’m MISERABLE, due to this I have been missing school and am worried I’m not going to graduate on time if this doesn’t go away! Please help. 

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Also, the golf ball feel when I swallow has moved from the top of my throat to my upper back. 
  • Posted

Hello

This definately spunds more like acid reflux than a throat infection. You should go back to gp and get someyhing for acid reflux, or try otc medicine such as gaviscon. I suffer from something similar and have been for a while and all is due to acid coming upto my throat, it is worse after meals.

• Posted

Sorry about my spelling
  • Posted

Hi Hannah,

You should make an appointment with an ENT or a gastroenterologist. As you either have LPR symptoms, or acid reflux symptoms or both. In the meantime purchase some ranitidine tablets at the pharmacy as well as gaviscon extra strength. Take one pill twice a day perditections and take the gaviscon 30 minutes after each meal and at bedtime.in the meantime don’t eat fried foods, spicy foods, onion or garlic. Eat smaller meals and chew your food completely while eating slowly. If you keep getting heartburn use a 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in 4 ounces of water twice a day. The two other things to do is not wear tight clothing and raise the head of your bed 6” to 8”, gravity will help prevent the reflux. Good luck and don’t put Off seeing a doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.