Feels like something is blocking my upper throat

Posted , 3 users are following.

So tonight I've been feeling like something is blocking my upper throat and I feel short of breath.... Anyone else feel like this and then when I stood up after laying down I feel like I had a lot of pressure from like my shoulders up... This is very uncomfortable and its like right above my Adam's apple where the like pressure or blockage feels like.. And my throat feels itchy or irritated

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Also feels like burping is hard and burping up like in indigestion, throat feels kinda hoarse, on anti acid meds omepeazole 20mg
  • Posted

I've been getting the same symptoms, except well, I don't have an Adam's apple, cause I'm a girl. smile
    • Posted

No, but I need to be. I can't lay down after eating anything (even after an hour), or my throat will burn really badly and..you know the rest.. rolleyes
    • Posted

Other question sorry haha do you have like a weird pressure like just below your sternum that's apart of your shortness of breath?
    • Posted

It's okay. And YES! I get that, for about half the day, most of the time. It feels constricted. 
    • Posted

Yeah it's really annoying, I think the like throat thing is cause from like irritation from stomach acid like wet burps maybe? And probably irritate the larynx also???
    • Posted

I feel ya! Something that has worked for me is mylanta give that a try it's great
  • Posted

This is common with anxiety I get it all the time

It could also be acid reflux

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

Hi question are heart palpitations ever apart of this when you feel it ? Thanks a ton!
    • Posted

Sorry your reply makes no sense what so ever what are you trying to say?
    • Posted

Do ever get heart palpitations during any of these symptoms? Sorry i tried to word that better
    • Posted

I get palpatations they are very common in anxiety there are 100s of anxiety symptoms.

It is to do with the flow of blood adrenaline  and fight or flight

There is a switch in your brain that is broken it is telling you your in danger when your not hence leading to anxiety/panic.

Consider CBT

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.