Feels like something is stuck in throat?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past 2-3 days it feels like something is stuck in my throat, what could it be? I'm not having any stomach problems or vomitting so it's not GERD. Should I see a doctor, I'm scared it might be some cancerous lump

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

There is a condition called  Laryngopharyngeal Reflux , that is similar to GERD, and it feels like that there is a lump in the throat. 

With LPR, adults may have heartburn or a bitter taste or burning sensation in the back of the throat. But they are less likely to have such classic signs of GERD.

The most common symptoms include:

Excessive throat clearing

Persistent cough

Hoarseness

A "lump" in the throat that doesn't go away with repeated swallowing

• Posted

I have this too is it the base of throat right between you're collar bone? Have you noticed any horseness or tune change in throat? Did you find out anymore

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.