Feels like something is stuck under my right rib

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with costochondritis about two years ago at same time I was diagnosed with lupus. Around the same time, I also had a breast cancer scare and some of it, I now know, was due to costo. I had pain from the sternum down to my bottom rib and at times I would have a tender collarbone and my chest would be sore to touch. My breast would feel achy and sore too. I also felt tingly on my upper chest area. It comes and goes and is usually bearable, thank God. Only every once in a while does it feel like I can't take a really deep breath.

I've dealt with it pretty well, until recently it started feeling like something was stuck under my rib. It's worst when I sit up straight but I feel it when I lie down too. The only time I don't really notice it is when I'm standing. I went to the ER the other night because I kept feeling a sharp pain and I was having pain into my back which I honestly thought they were gonna tell me I had kidney or liver cancer (I have terrible health anxiety and this has only added to it). They did a CT of my abdomen and routine bloodwork and a liver function test and everything checked out. They blamed it all on my gallbladder and told me to see a gastro doctor. Has anyone else had the feeling like something s pushing out on your ribs? I also have a weird feeling in my back when I lean back on anything that feels like my clothes are bunched up but they're not, if that makes any sense. Just trying to find someone who has had a similar experience. You know what they say, misery loves company!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

...have costochodritis ..result of lung surgery years ago/had same symptoms 3-4- years ago..went to ed @ local hospital. Thought it may be spontaneous pneumothorax__but symptom didn't fit,so

ED Md. decided i was a drug seeking junkie and dismissed me..with grade 9 pain/right side,under ribs,and proximal to the liver.

several years of ''mildly'' repeated pain after strenuous activity, FOUND THE PROBABILITY OF A RARE CONDITION ...''TORSION OF A FATTY FRINGE OF THE FALCIFORM LIGAMENT.A RARE CAUSE OF HYPOCHONDRIAL PAIN''......EMconsult.url

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.