Feels worse

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello there fellow suffers I've had heartburn for years I've been on a PPI medication for 6 years now it feels like it's not helping, my syptoms are getting worse my doctor told me to take a higher dose of lansoprazole and I'm not feeling any better my symptoms are now burning in throat chest pain under breast bone feeling like my foods getting stuck in throat and down in my food pipe even taking medication feels like it's still there can anyone advice on what to do that will help with syptoms I'm waiting for an appointment to have camera put down again I saw my Gastro doctor but since I saw him symptoms are worse hoping I haveng got to wait to long now

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

i have exactly the same symptoms. i have stopped PPI after a week since they didn't help me. blood tests were normal. im now waiting for a barrium swallow. its horrible the food stuck in the chest feeling. im hoping that the lifestyle changes will help eventually.

• Posted

thank you for the reply hsve yiy been on any other medication for it ? and hoe long have you suffered with this horrible condition

• Posted

I have been on PPIs on and off for years and I used to take lanzoprazole and it stopped working for me. I then changed to omeprazole which worked a bit better, then my symptoms were starting to come back. I now take esomeprazole and by far this is the best PPI I have tried. I prefer the hard tablets than the capsules though, they seem to work a bit better for me. I still do get a bit of a problem around certain times of the month though, as my hormones can affect reflux and also if I have to take anti inflammatory pain relief I have to take double dose PPI.

I would really recommend trying esomprazole though, doctors say it tends to work better for patients than others. If you live in the UK some doctors prefer offering other PPIs because they are cheaper, but just tell them you want to try esomeprazole.

You can also buy it under the name of Nexium but it is much more expensive than a prescription. You can also take gavisc0n double action as well and having a look to the right of the page, it seems they have brought out an esomeprazole under their name as well. I don't know if it would be any cheaper than Nexium.

• Posted

thank you I will mention this to my doctor it's a terrible illness I'm beginning to think theres no hope of ever being able to eat normal health foods again my diet is so restricted because of it

• Posted

Different PPIs work better for some patients than others, but I have been told by doctors that most patients respond best to esomeprazole so I really hope this can work for you. I have a hiatus hernia and have had gastritis and oesophagitis on other PPIs but never on esomeprazole. I wish you the best of luck.

• Posted

check out linx surgery This may be an option for you. It worked for me

• Posted

Hi Philip,

I came across your post and am wondering could you give

me a brief note of what was involved for you in having the linx.

Did you have to go tru special test first. Was it very painful and can

you eat properly now. I suppose the main question is did it solve

your reflux problems and finally get you off ppi medication?

Sorry for all questions but its something I am hoping will be an

option for me.

Many thanks

• Posted

hi, sorry for the delay in replying. You do have to take approximately 14 hours before you’re approved for the links surgery. They’re not really bad chance but there’s some you’ll have to deal with. As far as the surgery it took about 45 minutes or the actual surgery. After the surgery I was able to eat anything I really wanted and was also taken off all PPI

• Posted

as far as the acid reflex it was gone and I’ve had no further issues with that. I do have some issues right now with pooling of food above the links. I’m hoping to resolve this soon. There is some recovery issues like dysphasia and some food getting stuck in esophagus. But once you understand the links process that’s not really too hard to deal with. I hope this answers some of the questions.

• Posted

I don’t know why just keeps kicking me off and I have to keep adding to use that anyway. I am dealing with a pool and issue which I hope resolved soon which I already told you about. It’s a good choice

• Posted

That is supposed to be four different types of testing for the links process. I hate spellcheck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.