Feet and handsRA

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I have sketchers I wear them all time especially at work yeah

They are good but my feet still get sore now and again but

Hey you still have too get on with ur life nothing else for it just have too keep my chin up and keep smiling😀😀

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I do try to get on with my life but things have took a turn for the worse with my RA but try my best to keep smiling as u say 👍
  • Posted

Sketchers are prettygood.support..do what you can..taje a break when u need to..and dont feel bad about taking care of.yourself and resting off.your feet when gou need to..do things that make you smile..thats the secret to genuineness and true happiness.
  • Posted

Hello Leslie,

You are braver than I. When my feet hurt I hurt all over. So I have adjusted to not expect to much every day. Take it slow.

Have you seen a RA. There are new meds to help with the pain and slow this disease down. I take a biological which has slowed it down & freedom from the severe pain.

You might check with a rhumey it takes time to find the right meds that work for individuals as we are all different.

I wear shoes for my needs and soft arches thick soft plastic for ach support with metatarsal and heel inner-changeable plastic pads that snap in the arch support. They are very helpful without them I am unable to walk. 

My feet are sore after standing on them to long. Over time I have learned to soak my feet in Epsom salts for swelling and sleep with my feet slightly elevated. Occasionally shots help. Also have plantarfaciatitis & fallen arches with heel Spurs and Lederhose in my feet which is related to Dupuytrens Contracture where the facia around the tendons form nodgules and make the arch in the foot hard and the tendons in the fingers thickened causing the fingers to curl and contract eventually closed. Radiation therapy in my feet have helped shrink the nodgules on the arches and the special enzyme injections have opened my fingers and eliminated the scar tissue from surgery. Sometimes it's best to adjust to my limitations and not over do!

sorry can't name the meds on this forum it's against the rules. If you are intrested, a search on this site will help find the information, or pm me.

• Posted

Hi Lesley,

as I have mentioned in a previous post I started using Barefoot Science 5-7 step arch strengthening system. I was unable to walk at all without pain and since I've been wearing them  I have walked 145miles of the SW Coastal Path without pain. My metatarsal heads are off loaded and the arches strengthened. Now I can walk my health and fitness has improved and pain decreased. Foot pain is debilitating. Calf tightness can also contribute to ongoing foot pain.

• Posted

I use Walk Fit Platinum . With metetarsal and heel interchangeable fittings. Very inexpensive and everybody in my family uses them. I would not be walking at all with out them. Been using them for over 15 years.

I tried so many over the years until I ran across these. Better that good feet and podiatrist inserts/arches.

Hope you you find the right fit for your needs.

I have plantarfaciatis, heel Spurs , Lederhose nodes on arch, fallen arches, fatty pads gone, Morton's nerve syndrome and fallen arches, and RA. I wear stretch fiber shoes and replace the insole with the Walk Fit support system.

My hubby also has diabetes and a broken foot with fused bones together. 

Everyone is different. It's usually trial and error before we find the best fit. 

Even foam mole inserts - self stick added help soften heel inserts are helpful, purchased at any drug store.

I hope this better answers your question than my previous response.nconfused

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.