Feet pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am almost ten weeks post op. I was wondering did anyone experience pain under the bottom of your feet after standing or moving around for a minute? My pain in my knee is slowly disappearing, still stiff in the morning and during the day. By the way I am 56 years you.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes Janice, I too get pain under my foot. I have started wearing my birkenstocks around the house for better support than slippers, it seems to be making a difference.
  • Posted

I did get painunder my foot, but I have to say it was mainly first thing in the morning, and tended to wear off during the day rather than yours which seems to develop as you stand or move around. . Mine, I believe, was plantar fascitis, and eventually it went. . I don't know if the stretching exercises helped or not. . . My feet still burn and tingle on the soles at night . . I think an effect of the nerves being affected.

• Posted

I have been wearing some loafer from the beginning. I then change to SAS sandal, which are very comfortable. I do wear sneakers when I go to PT

BUT this pain comes after I've beeb standing or moving for about an hour. When I sit and rest for a while its goes away. But it always come back. The pain underneath my feet that is.

• Posted

I don't know if this is relevant to your condition, but i have to wear insoles all the time to help to avoid painful feet . . . They have to be insoles which support the arch. in my case, I have developed flat feet, which throws a lot of strain on different parts of the foot . . .but better to see a foot doctor!
  • Posted

Hi Janice

I don't have pain under my feet, but in my feet in general when I have been sat with my feet on the floor. All I can explain it to be like is red hot tingling all over my feet.

Seeing consultant next week so will ask him, but would appreciate any ideas?

• Posted

Sounds like me. . .perhaps it's nerve damage?  I tend to think it has something to do with the spinal, because it's both feet . . . 
    • Posted

Hi. Just seen consultant - he didn't know what the sensations are in my feet! I asked if it could be nerve trapped/damaged and he said 'could be anything, could be referred pain from my back'. Now I don't believe it's that as I have never had a problem with my back at all but then he mentioned 'or could be from the tourniquet' before changing the subject.

so now I am going to trawl Google for tourniquet damage, unless anyone knows anything about this?

• Posted

Hi Janice,

I am 18 weeks post op bilateral TKR. I was also bow legged, now they are both straight as an arrow. All good. I've quickly learned no two knee recoveries are the same. My right us like nothing happened. My left which had more damage including more muscle atrophy is healing much slower. Apparently muscle has memory, and they don't like being mucked around. The result is pain from muscles and tendons. It is getting better but a lot of rehab and time are required. I understand you had a partial, but I don't think these surgeons always give us realistic expectations. Just keep doing your exercises and give it time.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.