feign like a zombie on gapapentin 300mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

docs started me on gapapentin again I'm on 300mg 2 tablets 3times a day they are making me very sleepy but also bit zombie like and numb mist say it is helping with the pain of my fibro

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sara, I remember feeling the same way when I started taking them but the feeling goes after a week or so once your body gets used to them. Pleased to hear they are helping you x
  • Posted

Please keep in mind that you are masking your symthoms. None of the pills are going to cure you. I'm going for treatments that really help. Search for a place where they treat your whole body. I'll never be cured but my episodes will and are getting fewer and less intense. Be careful if you get massage or adjustments, they can make you hurt more. You need to retrain your brain and get a rebuilder.

Here's hoping you find real relief.

Gentle hugs

• Posted

I've had fibromyalgia for 15 years and it is due to a car accident in the year 2000. I had 5 herniated disc in my neck. Now 3 are degenerated and 2 are still herniated. A few months ago I found out that I have extra rib bones on both sides of my neck. Go figure, that's where the rest of the pain is coming from.
  • Posted

Gabapentin took all of my pain away but I couldn't handle the as you called it zombie like feeling. When I explained it to my doctor I said loopy and it felt like I was walking on a cloud. I didn't like feeling that way. If I could deal with that feeling I would be pain free.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.