Fell down again scared!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

So while trying to go down the stairs to get something to eat. I got to the last 2 and fell! My cast hit flat I'm so afraid I can't start this process over! I can still wiggle my toes and move my foot up and down in the cast I'm just hoping I didn't hurt myself. I need this cast to come off on the 30th I'm 4 weeks post op today!! Uggggghhh!!! 😩😩😩

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Are you having any pain? If thete isnt any you are mist likely ok. I accidentally put my foot diwn a couple of times but it's been fine. If there is a lot of pain go to emerge but chances are you are ok! 😀

• Posted

There is not a lot of pain I am in a full cast I'm just scared to death! 

Thank you I needed to know I wasn't the only one. 

• Posted

I've done it a few times. As long as you aren't in pain you are probably ok. Your cast would protect. It is super scary rhough-i cried for hours after I stepped on my foot thinking that I screwed it all up and was going to have to start again. I called my surgeons office and they said if I'm not feeling pain I'm probably ok. I understand the being scared. Sounds like you're ok though!!!

• Posted

I cried like a baby called my husband crying! It feels a little funny I'm going to go check in with the doctor tomorrow just to be on the safe side! 

• Posted

I fell in my splint while using my scooter getting off the CTA and I was ok. I had some throbbing but I'm fairly certain my splint protected me. Hope all is well.

• Posted

OHHH GL Danette, I hope everything goes OK for you. LOL you cannot be as daft as to have 2 breaks in a month. It is a good sign you can wiggle those toes. GL again cheesygrin
  • Posted

Dear Danette

Reminds me of when in my cast I tripped over one of my dogs at the bottom of my bedroom stairs.....I got an appointment with my surgeon and was found to be OK.

I'm sure you will be fine.

Good luck. Richard

• Posted

Thank you for all the stories because I am shook. I just want to be ok and come out of this cast. I am feeling a little funny but hoping it is ok.
  • Posted

The cast is a good protector, the thing we come to hate, is the thing that protects the best.

Even though I am walking without crutches around house (hobbling I should say) I still wear my

boot when I go out to be safe.if theres no pain you should be fine.

Don't be afraid, fear leaves you without clarity of mind.

saying a prayer for you.....

• Posted

Oh no. That's everyone's biggest fear.  Starting again. I do hope everything is ok. Xxxjen 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.